The Data Center Technician is responsible for ensuring all activities carried out in the Data Center & Access Centers conform to Data Center Procedures and industry best practice.
The DCT will carry out Data Center tasks as directed, work could be project based or tasks received via Service Now. In all cases the DCT will ensure that appropriate task follow the Change Control rules and support the task as documented by the requester.
The DCT role also includes carrying out daily checks of their areas of responsibilities. Ensuring security is maintained within the DC Halls. Manage visiting customers and third-party vendors. Ensuring all work activity is captured and updates entered into Service Now. Inventorying of consumables required for daily tasks. In addition, the DCT will also provide work procedures as requested by the Data Center Manager. The role will also be requiring assisting Data Center Engineers to gather information for a work order.
- First line escalation point for serious incidents or technical issues.
- Execution of MACs in the Data Center, MPOEs, MMRs and access centers for internal and external customers.
- Manage asset record updates, tracking and placing assets as to their location and status (deployed, ceased etc).
- Carry out daily checks to ensure security and access policies are being adhered to and Data Center cleanliness is maintained.
- Carry out QA in Data Center Halls and access centers.
- Record details of all hardware deliveries received from S&R.
- Control Data Center stocks (copper/fibers patch cables, fiber cleaning accessories, cables labels, etc) and report appropriately
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of hardware manufacturer installation standards and knowledge of copper and fiber cabling installations and standards, with preference given to the following qualifications;
- Certified Data Center Technician CDCT
- HP Accredited Platform Specialist
- Systimax Copper Installation ND5541
- Systimax Installation & Maintenance ND3341
- Coming NPI Membership
- ML V3 Foundation Certificate
- I to 3 years' experience of working in Data Center environments
- Basic network knowledge and experience of Clena, Juniper and Dell hardware
- Understanding of IP networks
- Experience of working in an ML controlled environment with knowledge of Change Control & Incident Management processes
- Minimum lyr experience using Microsoft Office and CRM databases
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to perform at an advanced level, troubleshooting techniques, communicating issues and results to co-workers and escalating to immediate management
- Ability to manage 3rd party contract staff/companies working within the DC
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment as a member of a self-managed work team, in rotational assignments, or as a member of a project team
- Effective written and verbal communication at all levels
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
This role is on-site in Chicago, Illinois office.
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.