JOB TITLE: Program Policy Administrator - Remote Opportunity
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for providing compliance guidance, assisting in policy development and to approve all policies for final publishing in the Surgery Partners policy database. The Policy Program Manager serves as a point of contact for all of our business units - Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Clinics - as well as Surgery Partners corporate departments
- Works with our corporate support and field leadership to manage the policy development and maintenance process, and to ensure policies and procedures are published in the Surgery Partners Policy System.
- Acts as a central information source by maintaining and distributing policies, procedures and forms
- Proactively manages expectations around assignments and deadlines
- Ensures new users are aware of essential policies relevant to their role, via a welcome email and other communications.
- Interacts with subject matter experts (SMEs) in all business areas to create, review, approve, distribute, revise/update, activate and archive company policies and procedures; ensures method, consistency, style, design and terminology is professional and adheres to defined corporate standards and requirements
- Ensures all published policies are updated to the latest template and format; reviews all new policies and documents for typographical and grammatical errors before approving for publication in the database
- Ensures the policy-creation process is followed and content is properly reviewed by leadership / SMEs prior to submission for publication
- Monitors user access concerns and publication requests; responds to all emails and concerns in a timely manner
- Assigns user roles in the policies database appropriate for the access level needed
- Creates/provides user guides to policy system users who have document responsibilities; ensures policies are assigned to relevant document owners for annual reviews
- Ensures policies are reassigned according to updates in user roles or status
- Keeps abreast of system updates, working directly with software vendor and IT to troubleshoot user access issues and user experience questions.
- Ensures new associates are able to access the policy database and trains them to use the system according to their particular role.
- Proactively contacts vendor with any system questions/concerns
- Proactively becomes familiar with the policy system features; consults online help guides and becomes the internal expert for users, refining processes as the system evolves with new updates or changes.
- Participates in Compliance Operations Meetings and assists with the tracking and resolution of compliance issues that affect operations.
- Maintain logs of inquiries and track research and disposition of compliance issues raised by senior management, employees, business partners and external auditors.
Collaboration / Leadership
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures. Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Provide support to joint projects with other Compliance team members.
- Collaborates with operational department managers to resolve compliance or regulatory concerns related to the policy program.
- Provides advisory assistance regarding policy and policy system matters.
- Aid in the formulation, interpretation, and implementation compliance policies and procedures as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Writing, or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of business writing or equivalent experience. Prefer candidate with at least two years' experience managing an organization policy system
- Certification as CHC or willingness to become certified preferred but not required.
- Valid driver's license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.