We're searching for Part-Time and PRN GI Techs to join our center!
An Endoscopy Technician performs technical responsibilities relative to treatment and care of the Endoscopy patient with the instrumentation utilized in that treatment. Monitors PAR levels of all instrumentation and supplies. The Endoscopy Technician prepares, assembles, and organizes the work environment, equipment and supplies necessary to perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures. Participates in staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Works under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in the Center. Must demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient=s requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the Center=s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the use and handling of instruments, endoscopic equipment; scope cleaning machines and sterilizer, standard precautions and terminal cleaning of surgical instruments and scope cleaning rooms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific technical surgical skills.
- Functions within the position description and within the scope of employee/patient relationship.
- Participates in opportunities of continuing education.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, co workers, and other health team members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of approved Operating Room Technical School with certification preferred, or one (1) year of on the job experience in an endoscopy setting
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
- No license required, participation in AORT encouraged
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification