ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy to preserve the world's natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Solar Technician at the Salt City Project in Chillicothe, OH. You will operate and maintain the solar site by optimizing generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
*Must live within an hour of the site - ex.(Ross, Pike, Pickaway, Fayette, Vinton, Hocking, Jackson, Highland, Fairfield, Scioto, Adams, Clinton, Madison, Franklin, Perry, Athens, Gallia, Greene, Greenup (KY), Brown, Meigs, Lawrence, Clark, Lewis(KY), Licking)
What you'll do:
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses (JSA)
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site-Specific Orientations, JSAs, and Tailgate Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
- Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly reports
- Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Coordinate High Voltage (HV) Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
- Perform High Voltage (HV) switching, substation, and HV equipment lockouts and grounding tasks
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling, and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections - prepare oil analysis samples, safely using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter, and IR Camera)
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, is completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other's ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Perform as the primary point of contact for all landowners
- Maintain site vegetation management process
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on-site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
- Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
- Equipment operation training - contractors, other site employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition, and Receiving software
What you bring:
- Minimum 2year diploma in a technical program preferred (electrical or Instrumentation controls), other degrees may be considered
- Minimum 2years of experience in Solar generation sites, Wind generation sites, Thermal power plants, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or C&I Maintenance
- Trades qualifications an asset: (HV Lineman, Electrician, Substation Technician, or Controls Technician)
- Be AVO certified as substation technician within 12 months of hire date
- Be proficient in using and maintaining SCADA systems
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Travel to support other Engie renewable generation facilities
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc
- Must live within an hour of the site - ex.(Halifax, Charlotte, Mecklenburg, Person (NC), Lunenburg, Granville (NC), Vance (NC), Pittsylvania, Campbell, Prince Edward, Danville City, Caswell or other surrounding counties)
- Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license / clean driving record
- Ability to travel domestically
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE's policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- The position consists of 30% work indoors and 70% work outdoors, outdoor work may expose the employee to weather conditions
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree ofaccuracy
- Could involve some lifting / up to 50 lbs
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range: $62,305-$153,920. annually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match
- More information can be found here:
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at . This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.