The School District of Beloit is seeking three (3) Certified Occupational Therapy Assitants (COTA). These are full time/permanent positions based on a 192 day calendar (prorated for 2022-2023). Minority and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary offers are based on education/experience.
- Assist with evaluations of children referred for possible disabilities.
- Provide direct and indirect occupational therapy to children with disabilities in educational environments.
- Assist the occupational therapist in the provision of occupational therapy.
- Provide information to other school personnel regarding occupational therapy and the children's needs.
- Travel to and among schools to provide services to children.
- Maintain records of service provided.
- Transfer, lift and position children as necessary to provide occupational therapy.
- Prepare equipment and supplies as necessary for interventions.
- Helps with budget development, ordering equipment and supplies.
- Participates in discussions regarding schedules and assignment of children.
- Prepares and manages an efficient weekly work schedule.
We invite you to explore the career opportunities at the School District of Beloit. We are a diverse and dynamic District with more than 5,600 students. Our mission, values, and goals support the academic success of our students. Our dedicated and talented teachers, administration, and staff reinforce and encourage high academic expectations, quality instructional practices, viable curriculum, student engagement, and an emphasis on 21st Century Learning that highlights critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
At the School District of Beloit, we are committed and strengthened by our Diversity (honoring our human differences); Equity (removing barriers and providing support for individuals to achieve their greatest potential); and Inclusion (ensuring each and every one belongs).
Our District includes an early childhood program; six elementary schools, 4K through third grade; four intermediate schools, fourth through eighth grade; one traditional high school with an Academy Model; and one alternative high school.
Located in southern Wisconsin and bordering northern Illinois, Beloit's best assets include a beautiful riverfront; charming downtown full of shops, hotels and restaurants; the internationally renowned Beloit College; the Beloit International Film Festival; miles of hiking and bike trails; interesting museums; and, of course, the School District of Beloit. This town of 37,000 is also the headquarters for several national and international companies including Hendricks Commercial Properties, ABC Supply, Kerry Americas, Rakuten, and PlayMonster.
The School District of Beloit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.