The Instructional Designer is responsible for conducting required analyses and designing training materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led, computer-based, self-directed, or web-based training focused on safety, food safety and any applicable material to educate our team members on our value of safety. The candidate will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand their needs and develop customized training solutions. The Instructional Designer will report to the Director of Learning and Experiential Development.
To succeed, you must be able to:
* Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* Operate with simplicity, clarity, and transparency.
* Deal with and drive change.
* Organize, prioritize, and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
* Utilize complex problem-solving skills to translate business needs into organizational solutions that enhance team member capability.
* Consult with cross-functional leaders to identify key training needs, trends, and appropriate opportunities.
* Learn and apply innovative technology and share your knowledge with others.
* Work independently and quickly to gain the trust of the business.
* Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Work with SMEs to create storyboards, design, and develop online training modules that translate proven concepts and theories into learnable behaviors.
* Partner and engage with vendors to deliver material to support training needs
* Gather data including interviewing, facilitating sessions, and reviewing business processes to support learning objectives
* Define training deliverables to include training plans, strategies, modules, and material required.
* Provide guidance in appropriate learning methodologies to address specific learning requirements and develop solutions to training and development projects.
* Create learning content using a wide range of technologies
* Finalize learning projects through implementation and execution within our LMS (Learning Management System) meeting project timelines and budgets
* Identify and create methods for evaluating the effectiveness of training materials and make appropriate changes.
* Continuously monitor and solicit feedback on training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness, while driving enhancements for improved adoption.
* Keep current with training and learning industry trends, best practices, innovative technologies, and emerging innovations.
* Maintain a collaborative partnership with Safety and Food safety leadership teams to understand changing needs
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2 years of experience in learning and development or a related field preferred
* Experience applying the structured ADDIE methodology/framework in training.
* Minimum 3 years in instructional design, including knowledge of instructional design methodology, adult learning theory and the ability to conduct needs assessment in an organization
* Experience working with and managing processes within a Learning Management system
* Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
* Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
* Experience with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
* Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
* Proficiency in Articulate or similar authoring tool
* Proficiency in video creation and production
Good to have:
* Manufacturing experience preferred
* Knowledge of safety or food safety standards
* Certification ADDIE/Learning credentials
* Workday Learning proficiency preferred
* Ardent Mills is headquartered in Denver, CO. However, this role can be 100% remote. The successful candidate will be expected to commit to a periodic presence in the Denver HQ office, the frequency of which is open to discussion with the hiring manager.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
Location:Denver CO, Remote CO
Address:126 Remote, Denver CO, 80202
Additional Locations (if applicable):Denver CO
Employment Type:Full time
Additional Information:COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION:
We provide market-driven base pay, based on skills, abilities, and level of experiences. Our salary ranges are broad, and individual salary will be market competitive based on a candidate's unique set of skills and level of experience. The starting range for this position is $69,590.29 - $92,816.06, with additional earning potential possible commensurate with experience. Additionally, we believe that our team members are the reason for our success and all team members are incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and individual results achieved. While the specific bonus plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions, the targeted bonus plan and targeted percentage amount for this role is Bonus - MIP, 5% Annual.
At Ardent Mills we offer a wide range of benefits to our team members and their eligible family members. Some of our great benefit programs you may be eligible for include: * Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage* Health and Dependent Savings Accounts * Life and Disability Programs * Voluntary Benefit Programs * Company Sponsored Wellness Programs * Retirement Savings with Company Match * Team Member and Family Assistance Program (EAP) * Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays * Employee Recognition Program with Rewards (RAVE).