Senior Maintenance Controller ($5,000 Sign-on Bonus)
|# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
|Employment Type (Portal Display)
Manages and controls maintenance operations on a shift basis in order to provide safe, compliant and reliable aircraft operations. Is the primary point of contact regarding aircraft out of service and the current mechanical status of all aircraft in Atlas Air / Polar Air fleets. Focal point within the Global Control Center for all aircraft maintenance related items and provides bi directional communications to business unit members as required by the general maintenance manual and internal operating procedures. Responsible for reviewing all maintenance discrepancies for operational impact and coordinating with fleet management for the development of action plans.
Coordinates the maintenance, tooling and parts support for all maintenance activities with our vendors and internal departments.
- Coordinates parts and manpower requirements for engine/aircraft repair beyond the capability of contract vendors and monitors repair activities through to completion.
- Coordinates with Line Maintenance, Major Maintenance, Engineering and Manufacturing Representatives concerning aircraft maintenance issues.
- Manages implementation of repair action plans.
- Has the authority to remove an aircraft from service if maintenance work is not satisfactorily completed.
- Provides technical guidance to maintenance personnel and is available for consultation and decisions on technical operational and procedural matters.
- Researches and completes SDR reports and works in conjunction with the FAA liaison to provide follow-up as requested by the FAA.
- Analyzes problem areas and recommends corrective action through technical interaction with maintenance vendors, engineering and flight crews.
- Identifies chronic aircraft problems and develops detailed action plans for their repair.
- Briefs maintenance management on aircraft systems problems and provides corrective action plans.
- Provides sufficient turnover to on-coming personnel so they are familiar with all work in progress and all items requiring follow up.
- Maintains a shift turnover log of all communications pertaining to out-of-service aircraft and critical or damage events including documentation of aircraft worked during shift
- Maintains a shift turnover log Review prior shift logs and is familiar with previous shift activity
- Travels with the aircraft to gather additional information on aircraft problems as required.
- Briefs MCC Duty Manager and above on status of all aircraft in work on shift.
- Provides on the job training for Maintenance Control Specialists
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the airline industry, preferably with wide-body aircraft.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, and administrate workloads
- Ability to stay focused and work under pressure
- Able to read wiring diagrams, structural repair manuals, maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Microsoft Windows based computer software applications.
- No Travel
- Safety Sensitive
- Shifts: 12 hours - any/all shifts (24/7/365 operation) including holidays
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement