This position in the Global Procurement Office is responsible for managing strategic suppliers to align with the internal business and technical needs across multiple business units. The chosen candidate will closely collaborate with all the Advantest business units, R&D, procurement, and supply chain organizations worldwide on the strategies for technical and commercial elements of supply chain management of specific suppliers. The role is to influence suppliers to grow and maintain interest in doing business, as well as improve and streamline the procurement process for manufacturing by assuring supplier capabilities meet Advantest's engineering and business needs and goals.
The Global Supplier Manager responsibilities:
- Accountable to develop, implement, and lead a supplier relationship management strategy for strategic suppliers and responsible for ongoing relationship management.
- Work as cross functional interface with internal stakeholders of multiple business units to communicate and develop the strategic supplier plan in accordance with the long-range business plan and needs, and to help drive a global commodity strategy.
- Ability to manage a supplier by using a consultative approach by thoroughly understanding supplier's product portfolio and organizational dynamics, then working with supplier to define and propose the most compelling solution to align with requirements.
- Create such value with their expertise and guidance that the candidate becomes an integral part of supplier's business process and is able to maintain strong business relationships to have influence on the supplier's decision process.
- Support internal cross-functional teams to collaborate and serve as an expert by developing and maintaining strategic alignment between business units and supplier.
- Document and provide assessment of supplier's assurance of supply, component risk portfolio, and business continuity plans, and help develop risk management and mitigation plans if required.
- Work with procurement and R&D teams to prepare and help lead solicitations (RFQs, RFPs, RFIs) for each supplier by providing support and guidance.
- Collaborate with business units and procurement to create, negotiate, and maintain relevant contracts, purchase specifications, and mutual expectation documents to minimize gaps in supplier capability requirements.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers based on projected volume sales to ensure that the company is getting the best price possible.
- Work with global procurement teams to monitor supplier performance to ensure that they are delivering quality products on time and within budget.
- Specific responsibilities may vary depending upon changing needs within the global supply chain.
This position requires an average of 20% domestic and international travel.