Back to search results
Course Materials Campus Lead
| Follett Corporation|
United States, Illinois, Westchester
3 Westbrook Corporate Center (Show on map)
|November 22, 2023|
The Course Materials Campus Lead is an administrator for a single in-store course materials department operations, including support of team member activities within the department and providing hands-on technical and functional guidance to aid in accomplishing financial and marketing objectives. Collects, edits, and oversees course materials orders to ensure accurate and timely availability of course materials. Interfaces regularly with faculty, students, and publishers to handle issues related to adoptions, selection, and buyback.
Demonstrates intermediate to strong knowledge of Follett systems and strategies (including Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, etc.), the industry, and the competitive landscape to execute initiatives. Shows an understanding of how to drive profitable sales and control expenses. Effectively executes company programs and initiatives as directed by the Course Materials Operations and Retail Sales teams. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Partners with various support teams to escalate issues and concerns for treatment and resolution.
Consistently demonstrates the Follett Values: One Team, Innovate & Create, Put People First, Do What's Right, Own The Results, Stand for Inclusion. Demonstrate proficiency in Follett Strategic Core Competencies - Thought, Results, People, and Self. Maintain availability that meets business needs.
* Supports the course materials department team members, including assigning and evaluating their work based on direction and strategy provided by CM or business operations, as well as participating in team member (seasonal mainly) interviewing, hiring, and training new team members.
* Collaborates on setting staffing level expectations to support business needs. Develops staff and works to identify key talent to support the talent pipeline. Limited team members' supervision may be necessary seasonally. In partnership with the store manager, plans course materials department work calendar, and enforces policies related to specific tasks and activities.
* Partners to create and maintain a Hassle-Free customer service culture focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience. Assists customers and provides guidance to department team members around course materials buying decisions (new, used, rental, and digital). In partnership with the store manager, oversees the special-order functions. Resolves customer (faculty, staff, and students) concerns regarding service or product.
* In partnership with store/course materials leadership, presents, interacts, and influences faculty, department chair(s), Dean, and/or administration on course materials issues, ensuring resolution for escalated issues, including input for strategy and goal development for the department and/or store.
* Collaborates with store/course materials leadership, as appropriate, to analyze buyback trends, enrollment figures, adoption forms, and other information to determine order quantities and manage the disposition of text and ensure effective inventory management. Collects, oversees input, makes recommendations for store/course materials leadership approval, and responds to inquiries regarding course material data for orders, inventory, and market share, and makes recommendations to drive competitive position. In partnership with the store manager (or CM Market teams), creates a strategy to coordinate and create business improvements to increase sell-thru and market share. Monitors quantities and book condition during buyback and rental check-in to ensure saleable criteria.
* Sources course materials from students, wholesalers, distributors, and publishers. Reaches out to publishers, faculty, and Follett partners to ensure customers are provided with a full range of course material options. Responds to inquiries regarding orders and inventory levels. All are based on direction and strategy from store/course materials leadership teams.
* May stock course materials on shelves, pull merchandise for return and verify shipments against packing lists. May prepare merchandise for shipping to customers or publishers. Oversees invoicing, packing and shipping, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness. All are based on direction and strategy from CM Market Management teams.
* Collects course materials information from school faculty and administration. In partnership with the store manager, calculates the quantities of course materials needed for the school term. Edits adoptions from faculty to ensure accuracy and follows up as necessary on missing/late adoptions. Enters course materials information into a computer to analyze inventory and purchasing purposes. Coordinates sales promotion activities, develops and implements advertising strategies, and prepares textbooks and non-related products for merchandise display.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent.
* 3-5 years of previous textbook experience handling progressively more complex functions desired, including 1-3 years of retail supervisory experience.
* Computer literacy.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
* Previous supervisory/management experience in the book or retail industry is desired.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
* Able to consistently walk and stand; able to lift 25-50 pounds; ability to move merchandise using proper equipment.
* General Computer Skills.
* Travel: Minimal - less than 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled