The Litigation Support Sr. Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for independently planning, managing and coordinating all litigation support aspects of multiple complex matters as assigned by the Director or Litigation Support Manager. For every matter that employs litigation support tools and services, the SPM is the primary point of contact for case team attorneys, eDiscovery attorneys, paralegals, litigation support team members and vendors involved with the case. The SPM is a team lead with responsibility for oversight of the activities of up to four litigation support personnel.
- Independently plan and manage all litigation support activities associated with matters assigned by the Director or Litigation Support Manager.
- Run project planning meetings for litigation teams determining requirements, schedules, deliverables and quality standards.
- Develop litigation support service budget estimates and advise legal teams on issues affecting approved budgets and timelines.
- Serve as the primary case team and client liaison for the collection, processing, hosting, review, and production of data maintained in internal and external repositories.
- Plan and oversee quality testing of data deliverables including fielded data, metadata conversions and images.
- Manage the timeliness of vendor services (if necessary) and monitor negotiated schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate the set up and maintenance of in-house processing and review projects.
- Coordinate or perform in-house data management activities such as data processing, loading into database applications, image loading into imaging viewing applications, building production subsets, and other database maintenance; assist with analyzing and testing new versions of litigation support software; troubleshoot litigation support applications and databases if necessary.
- Provide operational briefings to the Director or Litigation Support Manager.
- Independently plan and manage other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
- In excess of five years proven project management skills with knowledge of the litigation process from initial filing through trial.
- Experience with Relativity, technology assisted review tools, electronic discovery processing systems, ECA tools, TextMap, CaseMap, and MS Access preferred.
- Experience with forensic data collection best practices and tools is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to advise all levels of personnel on complex technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment working under strict deadlines.
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice and ability to travel is necessary.
We value diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer) #LI-DC2