Enterprise Data Architect
Computer & IT
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
The EIM Data Architect supports the EIM organization in the office of the CDO at Honeywell FM&T. The Data Architect is responsible for owning and providing the necessary strategic thought leadership, technical assurance, data integration, and data governance related to the development, evolution, delivery of the enterprise information architecture domain and scalable data model as aligned to the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
Partners with organizational leaders and business users to develop and communicate a data-centric architectural vision and strategy in alignment with business strategies and goals
- Establishes EIM data architecture principles and standards
- Translates strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture which may include an enterprise data model, common business vocabulary, taxonomies to be used to guide enterprise solution development, and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- Develop and implement EIM strategies for data acquisitions, data management and data security
- Work with data governance team to define taxonomy, master data domains, identify critical data elements, develop master data model, build data catalog and implement data quality rules
- Partnering with IT and Business to drive the creation and evolution of a data-centric technology road map that defines current and future technical architectures
- Lead the development of normalized and star schema data models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), data dictionary, ETL mapping and data virtualization
- Work with various data solution delivery streams like BI solution, API and self-service analytics capabilities
- Establish data platform development standards and best practices
- Effectively collaborate with business stakeholders, information architects, analytics teams, and data management resources to understand complex objectives and constraints
You Must Have:
- Accredited BA/BS Degree in computer science, management information Systems, Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in data/database design and development, systems or applications development, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as Data Architect working with data governance and other Data centric work
- Broad knowledge of records, information management, and protection laws, regulations, and best practices
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Experience in data virtualization architecture and implementation
- Experience architecting data-science/big-data platform (Hadoop)
- Deep understanding of data quality management
- Deep understanding of information and process integration management
- Experience working in sensitive/classified data environments and in various sensitive data obfuscation methodologies.
- Experience working with a US government contractor
- Working knowledge of engineering, manufacturing, program management, and/or financial data operations
- Familiarity with BI tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI etc.
- Sound knowledge of data governance key functional areas like MDM, data catalog and data quality
- Experience developing business process and information architecture
- TOGAF or other architecture framework certification
- Sound knowledge of Canonical data model and enterprise application integration
- Working knowledge of AI/ML, IIoT, predictive/prescriptive models and other advanced data science and analytics trends and concepts.
- 3+ years with Erwin Data Modeler
- Experience in developing data models for relational and dimensional databases that are scalable and extensible
- In-depth knowledge of normalized data structure and Ralph-Kimball methodology of data warehouse development
- Strong data analysis skills utilizing scripting languages like python to analyze structured and semi-structured data, knowledge of change data capture methods
- Proficient in SQL, ability to write complex PL/SQL and T-SQL, experience in query fine tuning and database performance troubleshooting and DDL scripts
- Working knowledge of master data management (MDM), experience in data warehouse and MDM integration
- Strong oral and written communication skills for collaboration with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills: managing multiple complex initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.