Loews Hotels & Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury hotels with a portfolio consisting of 26 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their "uniquely local" community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
The Sr. Accountant is an integral contributor to the accounting services team in a high volume financial shared services environment supporting an exciting collection of hotel properties across North America. This team member assists our hotel partners with the compilation of financial data related to the monthly close process and balance sheet reconciliations. The Sr. Accountant provides day-to-day financial support to our hotel partners, such as daily cash reporting and invoice coding. The Sr. Accountant is responsible for supporting a minimum of three hotels. Achievement of daily, weekly, and monthly excellence targets while delivering extraordinary customer service to our hotel teams and clients is of utmost importance. The Sr. Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations timely, in compliance, and accurately.
- Completes and distribute daily cash on hand reporting to the property Directors of Finance timely, in compliance, and accurately.
- Completes monthly balance sheet reconciliations timely, in compliance, and accurately.
- Performs standard monthly journal entries timely, in compliance and accurately.
- Code and distribute invoices in workflow system.
- Assists property Director's of Finance in analyzing general ledger related activity.
- Assists Accountant I's as needed.
- Participates in quarterly balance sheet reviews with property Director of Finance, Assistant Director of Finance and/or Regional Director of Finance.
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards
- May be requred to work varying schedules to reflect business needs
- Requred to attend all training sessions and meetings
- Ability to perform "Physical Requirements" as explained below
- Upholds all company and industry standards pertaining to PCI compliance, guest/financial/payroll confidentiality and accouting best practices.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively, maintain composure and make decisions in stressful situations.
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to perform both standard and intermediate spreadsheet functions using Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in windows-based computer programs to include e-mail, internet and word processing applications.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new computer applications.
- General knowledge of mathematics and accounting principles.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Some Accounting Coursework Preferred.
- 3+ years accounting experience required.