WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONALDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
12 vacancies for LB&I Deputy Commissioner. Vacancies may be filled in the following specialty areas or other areas within LB&I as vacancies become available: ADCCI-Data Solutions (DS); ADCCI-DS-Data Science; ADCCI-DS-Data Management & Services; ADCCI-DS-Product Management; or Pass-Thru Entities.
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Advises managers and executives in critical, sensitive or confidential matters, including personnel and budget matters. Consults with senior management and executives within the business function, and at higher levels within the agency on critical organizational and management issues. Exercises authority to represent and make commitments on behalf of management regarding program operations and the administrative management of the organization.
- Guides the practice areas in planning, organizing, and/or leading all phases of multifunctional efforts to evaluate plans and proposals for projects involving broad areas of work processes, operational practices, and integration between various functional areas. Projects and studies involve providing technical expertise, directing the analysis and evaluation of plans and proposals for projects, providing implementation support, assessing accomplishment of program and management goals and objectives, and prescribing or formulating new or revised policy.
- Counsels' management in assessing impact of new or modified program requirements. Analyzes new or proposed legislation, regulations, or other authoritative guidance to determine impact on program operations. Prepares long-range forecasts of developments relevant to program operations. Identifies and analyzes critical problems and issues, the timing and sequence of key program events and milestones, resource utilization and constraints, and coordination of management controls. Identifies resources for staffing, training and funding required to support varied levels of program operations. Identifies trends and anticipates any adverse impact on budget and/or work plans. Develops innovative solutions, documents findings and conclusions, and makes presentations.
- May direct project teams in issue resolution. Assigned to multiple projects and programs simultaneously. Functions as a resource in certain technical areas of expertise. Collaborates and coordinates with other experts, and/or specialists throughout LB&I and the IRS to leverage and expand expertise and ensure consistent application and interpretation of regulations within those areas. Reviews, analyzes, conducts in- depth analysis, identifies problem areas and/or develops contingency plans based on financial analyses and reports and makes recommendations relating to the project.
- Advises management on distribution of work among positions within the Large Business and International organization and determines the appropriate skills mix. Conducts studies of employee/organizational efficiency and productivity, and recommends changes or improvements in organization, staffing, work methods and procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal Service. Examples of specialized experience include:
Experience leading project assignments that required a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to accomplish implementation of organization-wide technology application and/or software projects or studies using Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC) framework. Experience meeting with internal and external business stakeholders, senior management, and executives to define goals and objectives of project. Experience serving as the resident expert relating to all aspects of project planning, execution, and implementation. Experience with oral and written communication to write reports and present findings and recommendations to internal and external business stakeholders, senior management, and executives. Experience working with Information Technology (IT) cybersecurity to ensure compliance with IT laws, regulations, policies, standards, and procedures.
For more information on qualifications please refer to .
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to .
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- This is a non bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
- Telework Eligible Positions: Telework eligible positions do not guarantee telework. Employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements (e.g., reporting at least twice a pay period to your assigned Post of Duty (POD)) and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. Employees must also be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
This is an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed as they become available for the next 12 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s): 5/8/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants in the highest quality group who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first.
If additional vacancies exist,
applicants who applied after the initial cutoff date who place in the highest quality group will be considered next. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than (NLT)
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Education - See Education Section above
- Registration/License (if applicable) - active, current registration/license
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) - If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you MUST submit documentation of graduation from high school (or equivalent); OR completion of a formal vocational training program; OR statement from school authorities agreeing with your decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 01/31/2024 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 01/31/2024.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
- To begin the application process, click the "Apply Online" button.
- You will be re-directed to USA STAFFING to complete your application process; answer the online questions and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, import documents from USAJOBS to the appropriate document types. If the document you need was not imported from USAJOBS, you may upload it directly into this application. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).
- To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 01/31/2024.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period, return to your USAJOBS account (). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: . All of your applications will appear on the
page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an
Additional Application Information
page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The
will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each
means, visit: .
Agency contact information
(ERC) Employee Resource Center
Large Business and International ADCCI
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at . We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on "more information." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.