Working in Information Technology's Systems Development Team requires the ability to work in a global, cross-functional team with limited supervision. As a member of the Systems Development Team, a Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for providing functional and technical support including development for:
- Enterprise applications within Microsoft Power Platform and SharePoint.
- In-house developed applications to provide specific business functions.
- S&C's global, enterprise business systems including Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Fusion.
- Integrations between these systems with other applications.
The Systems Development Team supports 3,700 end-users across 10 different countries (e.g., 7 different time zones).
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with business clients, peers, and software suppliers to:
- Resolve application issues.
- Configure applications to satisfy new business requirements.
- Manage small efforts supporting application upgrades, enhancements, and new software implementations.
- Working with business clients and peers to understand business requirements, and use them to design, develop, test, install and support custom applications.
- Supporting projects as a member of a project team and leading small projects.
- Communicating status, issues and resolutions to business clients, supervision, and project managers.
- Improve technology-specific processes and update standard work procedure documentation.
- Research and remain current with Microsoft technologies.
- Providing off-hours, on-call support.
- Providing guidance, coaching, and training to other members of the IT development team.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Experience developing / supporting applications with Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Pages, Power Automate, Power BI) and SharePoint.
- Programming experience with database technologies like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and Dataverse.
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management processes and tools like IIS, Azure DevOps, and Bitbucket.
- Experience with other Microsoft O365 suite of applications and Azure is a plus.
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably Oracle applications and technology is a plus.
- Experience working closely with business clients and IT groups to implement solutions that meet business needs.
- Experience supporting projects as a member of a project team; experience leading some small and medium-sized projects following industry standard project management practices is a plus.
- Experience completing support calls.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills with a demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and deal with others in a courteous and supportive manner.
- A 4-year Computer Science degree or a degree in a related Technical / Business field.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Physical demands are those normally associated with an office environment.
- Occasional handling of office supplies, such as paper and copier/printer cartridges.
- Frequent use of a PC.
Relevant work experience: 5 or more years of development experience working with the systems, applications, and technologies defined herein.