As a Domestic Operations Coordinator, you will execute daily activities and customer service functions of the operations department. This role reports directly to the Operations Supervisor.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Execute the day-to-day shipments originated and/or handled by the operations department; prioritize, schedule and route shipments and arrange for transportation throughout the United States and internationally and obtain Proof of Deliveries (POD) on all orders.
- Customer service, data entry, and/or dispatch pickup and delivery of freight via air, truckload, LTL and local modes.
- Interact with customers and their key personnel as needed, while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and operational proficiency to meet growth and profitability goals.
- Ensure prompt and accurate completion of all paperwork associated with movement of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ensure timely pick-ups, recoveries, deliveries, and airline and agent selection, while maintaining cost controls. Effective communication with them is essential to ensure shipments are executed timely and accurately.
- Maintain accurate status updates of shipments including in-transit notifications and estimated time of deliveries; communicate daily with customers to keep them informed of changes pertaining to their shipments should an update apply or be required.
- Work with vendor-specific websites to set up and track shipments
- Communicate pending work and/or unresolved problems to shift personnel and the operations manager.
- Assist in the preparation and approval of rate quotes or shipment costing for internal and external customers.
- Accurately manage and maintain departmental administrative tasks such as accounting, reporting and recordkeeping in accordance with internal policies and state and federal regulations.
- Enter pickups and route freight.
- Create rate quotes.
- Answer telephones and helps with inquiries from customers as well as stations and/or agents.
- Enter new accounts and/or do maintenance on account files when needed.
- Respond to inquiries regarding entered data.
- Entering & maintaining customer tariffs in domestic operating system, SEKO RED NA.
- Process cargo manifests, calculate charges, and coordinate all areas of freight release.
- Proactively solicit customer feedback and provide innovative solutions to customer service issues/barriers
- Must be aware of FAA Security program, packaging and crating procedures, and hazardous materials management.
- Comply with SEKO's C-TPAT Security Profile.
- Expected to uphold SEKO's Core Values.
- File documents after entry into the system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Accurate typing skills and/or data entry skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet and web-based applications and job specific software applications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of U.S. and/or international currency, weight, volume and distance measurements.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Ability to plan work to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Effectively participates in department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex regulations and procedures and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Possess functional knowledge of regulations and compliance procedures associated with all areas of freight forwarding
- Have experience in multimodal logistics with functional knowledge of TSA, C-TPAT and Hazmat
- High attention to detail
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years' freight forwarding experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent combination of work experience