Medical insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits & generous paid time off.
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto is seeking an enthusastic Royalty Accountant to join our Finance team in our Beverly MA office. This position will assist the Royalty Manager with various duties including but not limited to royalty contract and statement review and entering contract information into our royalty tracking software. Also providing support to other areas of Finance as needed.
Key Results Areas
- Assist with royalty contract and statement review.
- Verify and input contractual agreement details, including vendor, title, and royalty revenue information into royalty tracking software.
- Prepare and email/mail royalty statements.
- Prepare and submit quarterly licensed reports.
- Assist with maintaining and producing accurate cycle statements and reports in compliance with licensor and contributor contract agreements.
- Compile and submit reviewed statements to AP for payment entry after Royalty Manager review and approval.
- Work with Authors, Publishers, Licensors, and AP to address and resolve inquiries.
- Assist in Annual Company Audit and Licensed Audits.
- Enters monthly journal entries, assisting with preparation as needed.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed by Authors, Publishers, and Royalty Manager.
- Back-up to Royalty Manager when on vacation.
- Assists other areas of Finance with tasks as needed.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong contract review ability a plus.
- Advanced Excel and computer skills.
- Continuous ability to meet deadlines that are repetitive in nature.
- Strong problem solving skills and high degree of accuracy in all areas of work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude with strong work ethic (added hours may be needed for closings).
Education and Experience
- Four Year Degree – Preferably Accounting.
- Royalty experience is a plus.
- Dynamic G/P system experience is a plus.