Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Mass Balance Engineer
| Pemex Deer Park|
United States, Deer Park
|May 25, 2023|
Mass Balance Engineer
Pemex Deer Park is a highly complex refinery located 18 miles east of Houston in Deer Park, TX, and is a part of the Pemex group, which is a fully integrated oil company in the Americas, working across the entire value chain: exploration, production, industrial processing/refining, logistics, and marketing. Pemex Deer Park provides a diverse and inclusive work environment that employs approximately 1000 employees with another 1000 contractors on site. The refinery’s rated capacity is 340,000 barrels per day and has the feed flexibility to process multiple grades of crudes to produce the high-quality transportation fuels the world needs. The Pemex site is co-located with other 3rd party chemical facilities allowing for further integration and optimization of the refinery and its products. We set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors and offer challenging and fulfilling job opportunities in several fields. We take great pride in our ability to ensure the health and safety of our workers and the environment while being a good neighbor and having a positive impact on the local community where we work.
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Mass Balance Engineer to join our team at PEMEX Deer Park. As the Mass Balance Engineer, you will monitor and manage the site mass balance of the refinery processes to minimize oil loss while creating work processes and collaborating with various departments to deliver results. You will report directly to a member of the site leadership team and will be highly visible.
To be successful, you should have:
· Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or related field.
· Previous experience in mass balance or oil loss engineering in a refinery or related industry.
· Proficiency in mass balance software, such as Aspen Plus or HYSYS, Sigmafine, etc.
· 5+ years in refinery process engineering, economics, scheduling, control systems engineering, or related fields.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
Your responsibilities as the Mass Balance Engineer will include:
· Develop and maintain work processes to measure, control, improve, and provide assurance on the refinery mass balance.
· Develop and maintain mass balance models for the refinery processes in collaboration with process engineering unit support engineers.
· Monitor and analyze mass balance data to identify areas of oil loss in collaboration with the custody transfer measurements specialists in the Instrumentation and Process Control department.
· Work closely with the hydrocarbon accountant in the finance department to reconcile the mass balance and minimize discrepancies.
· Collaborate with the hydrocarbon logistics specialists in the operations department to minimize losses during transportation and storage.
· Identify and investigate sources of oil loss and propose and implement solutions to minimize oil loss in collaboration with other engineers, operations personnel, and contractors.
· Communicate results and recommendations to management and other stakeholders.
· Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, technological advancements in mass balance, and oil loss prevention.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.