Professional, Principal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Burlington Office, 62 Merchants Row, Williston, Vermont, United States of America
Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America Rochester Office, 20 S. Clinton Ave, Rochester, New York, United States of America Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America Virtual Req #1554
Monday, June 5, 2023
Over 35 years strong and fueled by 1,700 smart, passionate employees across New York state and Vermont, MVP is full of opportunities to grow. We are a nationally recognized, award-winning leader for a reason. The beating heart of our company is a wide range of employees from a diverse set of backgrounds-tech people, numbers people, even people people-working together to make health insurance better. If you are ready to join a thriving, mission-driven company where you can create your own opportunities and make a positive difference-it's time to make a healthy career move to MVP!
Position can be virtual/remote
As a Principal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will join our Cloud Computing and Services team focusing on Security First, Cloud Always, and Digital Always principles. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and execute cloud infrastructure solution on the Azure platform. This will involve designing and deploying highly available systems, as well as creating and implementing disaster recovery plans and procedures. They will collaborate closely with various teams, including architecture, engineering scrum teams, security, and product owners, to ensure our cloud platforms meet their needs. Furthermore, they will have the opportunity to work with a talented group of engineers who share a commitment to building and supporting innovative cloud solutions that empower our developers to deliver exceptional products to customers. The successful candidate should be an independent thinker with excellent organizational skills, capable of prioritizing multiple demands and embodying our core values: "Be Curious", "Be Humble", and "Be the difference for the customer".
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work with architecture and engineering on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important services Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvements Emphasize Security First, Cloud Always, and Digital Always in all aspects of work, with a focus on cloud infrastructure. Design, implement, and manage cloud infrastructure, focusing on Azure and other major cloud providers. Assist with vendor management, contracts, and renewals, prioritizing cloud-based providers and ensuring adherence to our core values. Implement and manage VMWare vSphere infrastructure, including ESXi hosts, vCenter, and virtual networking components, to support hybrid cloud environments. Evaluate the current Infrastructure as Code (IaC) state and recommend a vision and timeline to optimize and adopt new processes Execute and improve the cloud infrastructure deployment process, ensuring security and cloud-first considerations Evaluate and integrate enterprise tools, services and processes with cloud operations platform, ensuring cloud operations excellence Collaborate with architects and domain teams and provide inputs for application development and delivery of value for business customers Stay up to date with the latest Azure services, VMWare technologies, storage solutions, and industry trends, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Work with software engineering teams and assist in modernizing application portfolios using approved cloud solutions and services Develop reusable cloud-native patterns for enterprise consumption Provide cloud infrastructure code reviews and feedback on technical designs. Lead capacity planning and system designs, focused on cloud infrastructure. Maintain cloud infrastructure metrics and report status to program leadership. Effectively manage assigned projects as necessary Promote enterprise cloud adoption by providing technical support Participate in troubleshooting any issues as necessary in the hybrid cloud environment Review and validate implemented technology designs, and processes and recommend improvements as needed to optimize cost, performance and security posture Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services Provide guidance, coaching, training on build, test, and release management best practices.
- 8+ years' experience with Microsoft Azure
- VMware and Data Center skills
- 5+ years' experience creating continuous integration and delivery pipelines leveraging cloud native architectures on Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure compute and platform services such as Virtual Machines, Containers (Docker/AKS), SQL Server, Application Services and ARM/Bicep templates
- Experience with Cloud, Linux, APIs, DCHP, GIT, Agile, SaaS, and Unix software and systems.
- Extensive experience with scripting and debugging on Linux and/or Windows environments using various tools and scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell and/or Python)
- Possess the ability to effectively prioritize of tasks, projects, etc. in a dynamic environment
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and end users
- Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Computing infrastructure knowledge with technologies like; but not limited to; Windows Server, Office 365, and Azure, Azure DevOps. Experience with Git / GitHub or other modern source control tools. Expertise with DevSecOps automation tools and technologies (e.g., Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.) and experience administering IIS and web application security (certificates, hardening, etc.)
- Expertise in provisioning, governing and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions (Compute, Network, Security, Storage)
- Experience using enterprise monitoring tools (Application Insights, App Dynamics, etc)
- Experience administering Microsoft Power Platform (Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Logic Apps)
- Experience with Azure technologies (Azure Stack, Azure Functions, ARM Templates / Bicep, App Insights, etc)
- Hands-on experience in implementing and maintaining Azure Kubernetes Services/Clusters, Docker containers
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, and improve system performance
- Experience with Azure DevOps and pipeline creation using YAML and Classic
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Experience administering VMWare, Commvault, Pure Storage, AIX Unix, Linux, and Windows Server
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years' experience in enterprise infrastructure and operations technologies. VMware and Data Center skills required.
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the Know your Rights protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply and learn more - including how you may become a proud member of our team.
At MVP, we are committed to providing competitive employee compensation and benefits packages. The base pay range provided for this role reflects our good faith compensation estimate at the time of posting. Specific employment offers and associated compensation will be made individually based on several factors , including but not limited to geographic location ; relevant experience, education, and training; and the nature of and demand for the role.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Considerable paid time away from work including PTO (Paid Time Off), s ick t ime, service t ime o ff, p aid h olidays, and f loating h olidays , allowing you to take time off when it suits you best.
- Competitive 401(k) employer matching and profit-sharing program to help you save for your retirement.
- Low premium health benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage to support your well-being and that of your family.
- Life insurance and disability coverage to ensure financial security for you and your dependents.
- An array of optional benefit plans such as accident insurance and specified disease coverage to protect you from the unexpected.
- Full tuition reimbursement (up to the IRS limit) for approved courses and programs that support continuous learning.
- A best-in-class employee Well-Being program to support all dimensions of your health and wellness.
MVP Health Care analyzes the latest market data to determine employee compensation. Compensation figures listed in a job posting are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary range, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. MVP Health Care reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
More detailed information about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
- Job Family Information Technology & Transformation Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $98,631.00
- Max Hiring Rate $193,609.00