The Distribution Channel Manager reports to the Director, Channel Manager, and the primary focus is to support the coordination and management of S&C's authorized distributors. As part of the Channel Management team, the Distribution Channel Manager serves as liaison between the organization, sales team and distributor(s). The primary responsibilities include daily management and stewardship of key distributor relationships. This position will also be responsible for the deployment of the channel strategy as developed by the Director of Channel Management. This position interfaces externally with distributors and internally with the sales team, S&C manufacturers' representatives and, sales enablement to collaboratively enact our distributor program.
- Engage with distributors, primarily at the territory/local level
- Coordinate internal and external distributor relationship(s) across territories & regions
- Deploy updated distributor policies and programs
- Coordinate the development of training materials and active training of distributors on S&C products with the goal of developing internal technical expert(s) within distributor
- Support distributor program elements including pricing methodology, blanket order administration, training, inventory programs, promotional events, etc.
- Support updated blanket order process
- Support the implementation of loyalty programs
- Coordinate with Sales Enablement to create collateral to be used by distributors
- Bachelor Degree required, concentration in engineering or business preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in channel management, account management or B2B selling
- Knowledge of the application and operation in medium voltage electrical equipment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Good PC skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, and a skilled decision maker that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable presenting to small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
- Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
- Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.