At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks (eligibility based on employee type). Examples of perks and benefits include:
- Alterra Mountain Company Employee Pass - free lift access & discounts at Stratton and all Alterra owned resorts
- Free or discounted Alterra Mountain Company season pass for dependents - this includes spouse & children under 26 years old
- 50% off day tickets at IKON partner resorts
- Free or discounted IKON pass
- Discounted golf, mountain biking and fitness center memberships
- Employee childcare rates & discounted seasonal programs for self & dependents
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Discounted mountain bike &/or ski lift tickets for your friend & family guests
- Onsite medical clinic
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, and FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks
- Company paid sick time for all, and FTO/Vacation time
Additional perks & benefits for year round employees
The MSS Supervisor will work with supervisory and management staff and instructors in all aspects of daily operations of the ski and snowboard school. This is a winter seasonal position that will pay between $21.00 - $30.00/hour depending on industry certification. There are full time and part time positions available!
- Assign lessons and generate associated reports
- Facilitate the check in process at your assigned department's daily line ups
- Schedule instructors and support team members within our scheduling systems
- Be present, available, and engaged with instructors and guests, on hill and in a supportive mentorship capacity
- Coach and mentor fellow team members
- Oversee lessons to ensure quality
- Support timekeeping and daily payroll functions by ensuring accurate data is captured during the lineup process
- Be aware of daily labor and revenue targets to ensure fiscal excellence
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Engage with the management team to resolve issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Manage ski and snowboard program set up and upkeep during the day, including both indoor and outdoor spaces
- Teach lessons when needed
- In cooperation with department manager, recommend and/or implement changes to processes
- Build relationships with instructors and families within the program
- Contribute content and/or create weekly newsletter communications to seasonal program participants and their instructors
- Conduct thorough end-of-season analysis of individual and departmental strengths and opportunities in evaluations and planning
- This position will be asked to participate in special events, to complete projects or to fill in with other duties associated with the Mountain Sports School, including lift/carpet operations, extra computer work, helping in the school kitchen and other duties as assigned.
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- PSIA/AASI certifications or equivalent required
- At least 1 season full time or 2-3 seasons part time teaching skiing or snowboarding
- Must have prior experience utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite, experience utilizing resort POS systems a plus
- Willingness & ability to learn new computer systems
- Ability to problem solve with management team and independently
- Must have previous experience working in a guest service capacity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work 2-5 days a week depending on status, including weekends, holidays, early mornings
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is outdoors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude and extreme heights.
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.