At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks (eligibility based on employee type). Examples of perks and benefits include:
- Alterra Mountain Company Employee Pass - free lift access & discounts at Stratton and all Alterra owned resorts
- Free or discounted Alterra Mountain Company season pass for dependents - this includes spouse & children under 26 years old
- 50% off day tickets at IKON partner resorts
- Free or discounted IKON pass
- Discounted golf, mountain biking and fitness center memberships
- Employee childcare rates & discounted seasonal programs for self & dependents
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Discounted mountain bike &/or ski lift tickets for your friend & family guests
- Onsite medical clinic
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, and FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks
- Company paid sick time for all, and FTO/Vacation time
Additional perks & benefits for year round employees
Stratton is seeking enthusiastic and hard-working
Catering Team Members to work with our catering team. The main goal of this position is to ensure high quality service and exceed all of our customers' expectations for an efficiently operated event.
All applicants should be experienced in the service industry particularly setting up and breaking down events, waiting tables, working banquets and/or bartending. Fine dining service experience a plus. All applicants should be outgoing and personable and should approach each day of work with passion and integrity and should have superior communication skills.
Stratton Mountain Resort is a team environment and all applicants are expected to be team players. No one person could do this alone and every team member plays an important role in the facilitating of our guests events. Must bring a positive attitude to work everyday and should be able to multitask and think on one's feet.
- Deliver prepared function space for guests by vacuuming function space, removing all trash, and removing all unnecessary supplies; setting space according to the Event Order
- Maintain, clean, and break down function space after meetings/functions are completed
- Maintain effective communication through all Food and Beverage areas
- Handle all guest concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure facility cleanliness standards are consistently maintained
- Promote a fair and harmonious work environment
- To be well groomed, and in the appropriate uniform
- Maintain Catering & Storage Rooms
- Daily POS cash-outs and deposits
- Responsible for ensuring tables are set appropriately per event/ Captain's orders
- Responsible for other duties assigned by the Catering Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Weekends and holidays are our peak business times. Must be available during these periods
- Exceptional communication skills, guest service and team building abilities
- Need to be highly motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, enthusiastic, outgoing and reliable
- Must be well groomed and have a great attitude
- Must be organized, be able to multitask and be able to make quick independent decisions
- Able to remain calm during stressful situations and adapt well to many different situations and changes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Food Service Environment:
- Work tasks are performed both indoors and outdoors. Indoor temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Outdoor events may occur at all times of the year, in all weather conditions (including harsh, extreme conditions).
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 10 hours in length at a time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Stratton Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer