The Safety & Security Superintendent reports to the Riceboro Site Safety Manager. The Safety & Security Superintendent is responsible for the monitoring of the Health and Safety of the Riceboro and Midway SNF manufacturing operations. Serves as the Incident Commander and directs activities during medical calls, fires, spills, storms, riots, or other emergency events until relieved. Participates in investigations of injuries, illnesses, and other reportable events. Supervises the site paramedic, except in matters of medical direction. Supervises and coordinates site activities and acts as site lead during off shifts and weekends. Interprets health, safety, and security rules and directs subordinates in enforcing compliance. The Safety & Security Superintendent coordinates with internal departments, service providers, police, fire, and civil defense authorities in addressing problems affecting the site.
- Respond to the safety and health of the site personnel and operation.
- Assist with conducting injury and accident investigations.
- Attend, coordinate, and conduct Safety & Health training as needed.
- Perform audit permit process, provide performance feedback, and give recognition for permit execution excellence.
- Conduct daily shift reports to site personnel.
- Improve safety awareness through safety meetings, inspections, training, and communications.
- Coach and provide training to managers, supervisors, and operators to identify and correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- Complete the duties and responsibilities outlined in the company procedures and the site emergency response plans.
- Collaborate with Human Resources for employee or manager investigation.
- Conduct site Safety and Security auditto identify areas performing above and below site standards.
- Assist with industrial hygiene evaluations.
- Conduct and follow-up on Environmental, Health, Safety, and Hazard inspections.
- Support and demonstrate to an injury-free workplace through his/her actions.
- Develop and maintain strong communication within the organizations/departments.
- Improve safety and health management knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or participating in professional societies.
- Maintain current knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Monitor site security and work closely with the site security team.
- Partner with Corporate EHS and other SNF's EHS personnel to leverage the Company Safety, Health, Security, and Environmental to best practices.
- Perform area inspections to ensure proper personal protective equipment is in use and recommend improvements as needed.
- Provide site EHS orientation training to Supervisors and Managers.
- Respond to the incidents or any potential hazards and assist with the investigation.
- Supervise and assign duties to paramedics, except Medical Direction.
- Support cross plant/departmental teams with training and projects as necessary.
- Train employees in safety and security topics. Train off-site employees as necessary.
- Inspect the premises, test the alarm systems, detect safety hazards, and ensure that safety, health, and security rules are posted and followed.
- The EHS Superintendent will collaborate with peer departments and may perform some or all the responsibilities of those departments in an emergency until relieved.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree in Health and Safety, Engineering, or related field highly preferred.
- 4-6 years relevant manufacturing experience instead of a Bachelor's Degree is considered.
- Familiar with federal and state regulatory requirements in air, water, stormwater, wastewater, hazardous waste, solid waste, and OSHA.
- Strong auditing skills (processes and system applications).
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Detail-oriented, able to adhere to deadlines, and have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with both external and internal contacts.
- Ability to quickly learn new system applications.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated, and self-starter with a high energy level and a spirit of team effort and cooperation, and of the highest integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick/Incidental Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Development & Training