General Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Sales Manager, with indirect supervision and daily instruction from an assigned Project Manager(s), this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager with take-off, estimating, change directive pricing, job cost forecasting, billings, close-out documentation, prospecting and new bid support.
- Assist Project Manager in writing proposals, letters, memos, subcontracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project execution.
- Assist Project Manager with managing internal department relationships (i.e. accounting, purchasing, engineering, construction, fabrication shops, legal, etc.).
- Survey existing buildings (for retrofits), identify opportunities for improvement, and gather necessary data regarding energy use, building functions, utility capacity and structural characteristics.
- Complete preliminary designs for comprehensive budget/price development.
- Utilize ACCO standard Engineering technologies, provide technical support for the construction effort including participating in the planning and design; interpretation of the design; value engineering and alternate solution reviews, etc.
- Collaborates with the Purchasing Department regarding scope, price, submittals and delivery for purchased items. Coordinate installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
- Manage job progress onsite as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational and installation challenges.
- Oversee and/or process daily administrative items (i.e., Document Control, RFIs, Dailies, POs, MOPs, submittals, procurement logs, etc.) per Project Manager's direction.
- Coordinate project personnel activities to ensure the project progresses on schedule and on budget. Plan the work, track labor, track material and deliveries, project cost at completion.
- Escalate potential problems and assist the Sr. Project Manager in driving the solutions to their complete resolution.
- Collaborate with our Purchasing department regarding price, specification and delivery of purchased items.
- Maintain, develop and grow viable relationships with customers, prime contractors, trade partners, subcontractors, suppliers and trade personnel by: Attending job kick off, job progress, foreman, and OAC meetings; interface with installers, suppliers and subcontractors to provide information, direction and detailed instructions; managing subcontractors to meet our expectations of the project.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor and/or upper management.
Position Requirements (Skills, Work Experience, Education, Certifications, Licenses, etc.):
- BS in Engineering; Construction Management, or related field. Concentration in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, or
- 3-5 years of industry experience or a combination of experience and education
- High sense of integrity, business ethics & professionalism
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency and proven success in interpersonal relationship building skills and positive customer service interactions.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen and follow directions.
- Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes and anticipates what needs to be done and accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one's level/position and with minimal supervision.
- Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals despite challenges and to bounce back from adversity.
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Teamwork: The ability to effectively work toward common goals with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in an authentic and approachable manner.
- Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations' short- and long-term business strategy. On a personal level has independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career success.
- Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals takes responsibility, and shows personal humility.
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feedback; demonstrating an openness to learning and change.
- Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a problem in support of personal, group, department, or organizational objectives.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit and stand; use hands and fingers to operate computer, tablet, keyboard and/or telephone; grasp, handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Walk and stand; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job walks and site inspections).
- Lift, push, pull, carry, and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- Maintain regular and routine attendance.
This is a non-exempt position. Workdays are scheduled from Monday through Friday. Typically, work hours begin and end between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm as scheduled with the position's supervisor, with a minimum thirty-minute and maximum one-hour break for lunch, and two rest breaks. Occasional overtime may be necessary per business needs.
0 - 5% of the time to and from the assigned office location to regional branch offices and/or to project/customer site(s).
$33.31 to $43.10 per hour or Annual Salary. Applicants please note that actual compensation is determined by several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, certifications, relevant education or training, and specific work location, among others. The offered wage or salary is only one aspect of an employee's total compensation.