The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
- Orderly stacking of product.
- Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator WMS. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards and Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful communication - written and verbal * ability to establish priorities and multi-task
- Possess professional business demeanor
- Experience with personal computers and material handling equipment
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Business Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Self-starter with an ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Experience using 3PL Central WMS a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have three (3) years' experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
- Must have experience with freight forwarding, routing, and scheduling of trucks
- Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
- Proven success in team building and metrics-based performance management
- Warehouse Management System: 3 years
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Freight: 1 year (Preferred)