Join our Portneuf Material Management team as a day shift, full time Distribution Specialist!
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement "World Class Care, every patient, every time" helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
The Distrbution Specialist is responsible to perform the tasks associated with the daily receipt, verification, and delivery of incoming shipments of freight. Processing and delivery of departmental supply requisitions and replenishment of PYXIS Supply applications. Assists with all of the activities related to the management, procurement, and distribution of inventory and equipment housed in the Materials Management storeroom.
- Responsible for the distribution and replenishment of stock supplies inclusive of system generated requisitions, PYXIS Supply, (Point of Use system), equipment, and movable specialty carts to all departments when requested.
- Reviews all departmental supply requisitions and orders prior to processing to ensure appropriateness and accuracy of expense allocation.
- Receives and distributes all incoming shipments of supplies, equipment, and correspondence on a daily basis following established procedures and documentation requirements.
- Packaging, preparation and shipping out of parcels and correspondence by the most cost-effective and appropriate methodology based on the nature of the request.
- In conjunction with other departmental staff, assists with the evaluation of inventory levels, making adjustments as necessary to avoid stock-outs while maintaining inventory at an optimum supply level that is consistent with the needs of the facility.
- In conjunction with other departmental staff, will provide facility staff, patients, and physicians the necessary supplies to provide quality care and service. Will respond immediately to and address the requests and concerns of the customer in a prudent manner and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining clean and organized work areas, including storeroom, delivery docks and staging areas. Ensuring stock is rotated, expiration dating is current, and product is undamaged and available for delivery.
- Assists with the periodic physical inventory of patient care supply areas, PYXIS Supply Stations, and storeroom.
- Assists with the reconciliation of physical inventory versus system inventory variances.
- Communicates with the Supervisor, Distribution & Receiving and other associated departmental staff any concerns or issues related to the management and distribution of supplies or concerns with the POU system
What You'll Bring
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of two years relevant Healthcare experience and background preferred: receiving, inventory control, and distribution activities, using both manual and automated systems control processes.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match.
- Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability.
Portneuf Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer