This position will be responsible for the management of all complex billing, analysis, and revenue/billing reporting of 85M gross technical and net professional revenues annually for the Department of Radiation Oncology. The position will serve as compliance officer to ensure all federal regulations and policy & procedures are adhered to with respect to auditing, billing, coding, and documentation of compliant medical necessity. In depth knowledge of clinical operations and front-end patient registration is required. This position will provide short- and long-term analytical support to the chief administrative officer (CAO) and chair for hospital and professional billing to forecast revenue for budget planning and provide recommendations for budget and revenue changes. This position will directly supervise daily clinic operations for the coding and therapy billing units and will review, audit and recommend revisions to department billing policy and procedures as needed. This position will determine methods, best practices, priorities, timetables and monitor for optimal gross and net revenue generation results weekly, monthly and annually and will exercise initiative, originality, and judgment in applying established billing principals under general direction by the CAO and chair.
This position will also serve for the Department of Radiology as a billing analyst for clinical hospital operations and provide analysis on the professional revenue (19 M net), providing support for coding and billing charge description master (CDM) errors, and work as a liaison with the CDM support team and radiology hospital director of imaging services to correct issues. The position will also recommend revisions to billing policy and procedures, evaluate best practices, and provide analytical support to the CAO and hospital director to forecast revenue for budget planning and provide recommendations for budget and revenue changes for hospital and school of medicine revenue.
Supervises 1 Patient Records Abstractor 3
Apply By Date
10/5/2023 at 11:59pm; Interviews and recruiting process may occur at any time
- One of the following two certifications are required: AAPC or CCS-P. Including in-depth knowledge of Radiation Oncology coding and billing or ROCC certification.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of and experience with ICD-10 diagnosis, CPT & HCPCS Level II.
- Advanced experience with and knowledge of ICD-10 CDM and CPT HCPCS classification system used in professional and hospital billing.
- Must have experience as a hands-on biller and collections expert to properly analyze and review accounts and work queues.
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal billing guidelines, CPT, RBRVS, HCPCS, and ICD-10 codes and their application.
- Must be able to analyze, interpret and apply Medicare, MediCal and third-party payor insurance guidelines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical diagnostic (including E & M procedures) and radiology and radiation oncology terminology.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations, professional and hospital billing.
- Analytical skills to effectively comprehend complex network, administrative and fiscal information; and ability to absorb such information to make timely and thoughtful decisions, recommendations and communicate orally and in writing.
- Must have advanced knowledge of professional and hospital billing and reimbursement requirements for all payors and university systems (Epic, MOSAIQ).
- Ability to manage time schedules, deadlines, multiple requests and priorities as well as maintain productivity.
- Ability to independently conduct research, perform quantitative analyses and develop recommendations for process improvements.
- Ability to use computer programs including the MicroSoft Suite, SharePoint to effectively perform job duties.
- Knowledge of UC Davis Health policies and procedures.
- Salary or Pay Range: $2,268 - $4,061.60
- Salary Frequency: Bi-weekly
- Annual Salary: $59,200 - $106,000
- Salary Grade: 20
- Payroll Title: ((PAT BILL AND COLL REPR 3)
- Number of Positions: 1
- Appointment Type: Career
- Percentage of Time: 100%
- Shift Hours: 8 hours
- Location: Cancer Center, Sacramento
- Union Representation: No
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Hybrid/Remote/On-Site: On-site
- High quality and low-cost medical plans to choose from to fit your family's needs
- UC pays for Dental and Vision insurance premiums for you and your family
- Extensive Maternity and Paternity Leave Benefits
- 14 paid Holidays annually
- Vacation - Start by accruing
- Sick Leave - Start by accruing
- Paid time off - Start by accruing
- Continuing Education (CE) annual allowance
- Annual Tuition Discounts and Learning & Development Courses for eligible positions
- Paid time off for Professional Development Training
- Access to free professional development courses and learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Wellness and on-site Employee Assistance Program including access to free mental health services
- Supplemental insurance offered including additional life, disability, short/long term disability, pet insurance and legal coverage
- Retirement benefit options for eligible roles including Pension and other Retirement Saving Plans. More information on our retirement benefits can be found here
- UC Davis cares about building a community, which is why we provide resources to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion as well as
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support our staff
- Learn more about our benefits and eligibility rules around our benefits here
- This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks and drug screen.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we're solving life's most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don't just maintain - we improve. We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds, and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Because we want you to be seen, our recruiting process at UC Davis fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. Studies have shown that some people may not apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Each unique role at UC Davis has a set of requirements and you could be perfect for this role, or you could be perfect for the next role! Don't meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply! #YouBelongHere