In this job you will be responsible for performing in-process and final inspections of sub assembles and products per the appropriate standards and specifications. In this role, you will be required to apply the ISO-9001 standard to all S&C processes, ensuring adherence to Inspection Plans, Inspection Specification Procedures, and Process Specification Procedures, and document all inspection findings into Defect Collection system.
As a Mechanical Quality Technologist, you will be responsible for identifying any special requirements on the assembly being inspected and ensure that the product meets those special requirements.
On a regular basis you will be interacting with production team members, engineering, and other members of QA. This position requires an understanding how to use a computer and the ability to search and locate standards and drawings.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct analyses of in-process materials and finished goods checking for quality and that the product meets all requirements
- Monitor processes to ensure items are assembled according to item specifications, protocols and standard methods
- Interpret test results, such as rundown reports, and validate they conform to the specifications and control limits in place
- Complete all necessary documentation for the support of assembly and test procedures, including resistance tests, rundown reports, and data entry of assembly non-conformances in the Oracle Quality Collection Plan
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, validated, and maintained properly to ensure safety during operation of equipment
- Possess a good understanding of the product, quality processes and Quality Policy requirements
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skillful technical communicator, both verbal and written communications
- Skilled in computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Oracle
- Proficient in math
- High Voltage testing required
- Experience transporting and handling gas cylinder is required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to maintain accurate inspection records / Document checking
- Ability to ensure inspected product meets company and customer specifications
- Two or more years of assembly inspection experience
- Ability to identify and inspect for special assembly requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend part drawings, Bills of Material, Sales Orders, & Technical Documents
- Ability to use a computer to search for drawings, standards, and any other documentation required to perform the necessary inspection
- Ability to provide technical support for process auditors and leadership
Additional Requirements for Requisition 102900:
- Education: Trade school or related skills.
- Programming background.
- Able to read electrical & mechanical schematics diagrams.
- Experience in inspecting mechanical PMG units.
- Knowledge in inspecting voltage limiters, battery charging systems and AC/DC sources.
- Understanding of electronic components used in the remote supervisory systems (PO) area such as voltage sensors, current transformers, and other related systems.
- Fill out NMR's (Non-Conforming Parts) for production.
- Manage several data files and generate CSP, DPU, and Pareto charts by using the oracle system.
- An Associate degree or Certificate in a Technical Discipline
- ASQ Certification and two or more years of Quality Assurance experience
- Intermediate understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Detail-oriented individual with a strong quality focus
- Proficient MS Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems
- Mechanical skills, ability to use resistance meters and/or SF6 (Sulphur hexafluoride) detectors
- Flexibility to change start and stop times on short notice as needed
- Individual seeking support, quality training, and opportunities to advance
Relevant Work Experience:
One or more years assembly inspection experience and three or more years' experience working in a Manufacturing Environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ROLE
- Standing: Most tasks performed in a standing position with frequent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking short distances (total one to two miles)
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequent use of cart to transport material
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required
- Reaching: Occasional full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts weighing up to 40 lbs.