This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: The advisor provides support and guidance to ensure learners have the best opportunity to achieve their educational goals. The advisor plays a pivotal role in promoting learner success to ensure learners reach key benchmarks throughout their academic programs. The incumbent is a learner's initial point of contact for information about placement scores, course registration, major selection, academic resources, college policies and procedures, etc. The position is required to provide accurate and timely advising via in-person appointments, email, phone, Zoom meetings, and group advising sessions. The incumbent creates an advising environment where differences are valued and each learner is supported.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and 3 years related experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Ability to speak and write fluently in English and Spanish.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,774
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
Job Specific Task List:
- Maintain an assigned advising caseload within the College approved caseload criteria; assist advisees in developing and maintaining academic plans that address their individual needs, graduation and/or transfer plans, as well as success strategies that support academic and career goals; ensure advisees are adhering to their academic program plans and are registering continuously each semester. Essential
- Communicate with advisees systematically, frequently, and intentionally through multiple methods, including but not limited to face-to-face meetings, college-supported technology solutions, e-mail, telephone, and text messages; plan, design, and execute advising appointment campaigns. Essential
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of student academic, career, and personal development by identifying factors that enhance or prevent academic progress; examine and provide alternatives based on changing goals, academic progress, or personal situation to guide students to establish appropriate academic and career goals. Essential
- Proactively support students in academic planning; advise students about academic requirements, critical/milestone courses, selection of courses and registration, and transfer planning; connect students to academic support activities such as study groups, tutoring, and success related workshops; perform and interpret degree audits, as well as guide students on graduation requirements. Essential
- Consistently monitor student registration activities and ensure timely enrollment; monitor progress towards degree completion; interpret, apply, and inform students about college policies for degree requirements and academic progress. Essential
- Actively participate in systematic assessment of advising services; provide information, analyze data, generate written reports regarding their caseload progress as requested; contribute to the development of effectiveness reports. Essential
- Provide individual and small group advising; offer drop-in advising hours to facilitate student drop-in consultation for on-campus learners and web-based appointments for off-campus and online students; conduct student interactions in compliance with FERPA regulations; demonstrate understanding of the College's interpretation of FERPA rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, and third parties; maintain accurate records (including electronic records) of interactions with students; track appointments; maintain comprehensive advising notes. Essential
- Participate in college-wide activities/events, strategies, and improvement efforts to support enrollment, retention, and overall student success; engage in professional development activities to ensure competence in advising best practices; complete professional development activities, such as memberships in professional organizations, attendance at conferences, workshops, webinars, etc. Essential
Travel to HACC campuses to support academic advising as needed. Essential
Perform other duties as assigned. Standard