Post-Harvest Supervisor provides post-harvest process management and supervises the activities and operations of the post-harvest team from Harvest until Packaging while abiding by laws, rules, policies, procedures, and operational guidelines at our Cultivation & Production Facility located in Warwick, NY.
- Follow practices and standards for post-harvest procedures in the network.
- Supervise the post-harvest site teams including post-harvest leads and technicians.
- Coordinate with other members of site leadership to manage a seamless transition of product from the live plant in grow rooms to high-quality end product flower ready for packaging.
- Coordinate with VPs of Cultivation, Director of Post-harvest, GM/ operation managers, Head Grower and Assistant Head Grower in all aspects of Post harvest/flower quality, providing detailed feedback on KPI and progress.
- Identify and escalate any issues that will impact KPIs and flower quality to local leadership and the Director of post-harvest.
- Manage all aspects of Flower quality retention and post-harvest processes onsite.
- Manage Dry room/flower storage operational procedures including water activity and moisture analysis data collection.
- Manage post-harvest labor model and expectations for throughput and flower quality retention.
- Maintain accurate WIP (work in process) inventory and update systems with inventory data accordingly; including performing regular physical inventory counts.
- Ensure accurate input and reporting of site KPI (web based KPI tracker).
- Implementation of SOP, TAMU, WS (pic and videos) for post-harvest operational processes in a way that the teams can clearly understand and be trained effectively.
- Trim (hand and mechanical)
- Deliver Monthly Flower quality and KPI summaries to the Director, Post Harvest.
- Engage in flower quality/National post-harvest team meetings and direction setting.
- Provide feedback for machinability/post-harvest processability to Director, post-harvest on a strain-by-strain basis.
- Manage a team in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of cannabis experience in growing or post-harvest processing
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership responsibility with a proven track record of building and developing teams preferred.
- Strong ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from senior management, function heads, managers, supervisors and all levels of employees.
- Highly collaborative influencer who is an effective communicator and relation builder/networker
- Ability to deliver specific organizational goals and effectively develop, grow and manage a team to achieve objectives.
- Highly organized, with obsessive attention to detail
- Experienced in Excel, data collection, and entry.
- Research skills and familiarity with scientific method preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgment, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on one task for extended periods of time.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives.
- Unassailable integrity and ethics
- Must have a solid understanding of Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (150 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.
New York Pay Range