This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the acquisition, processing, and receiving of library materials, print, non-print, and digital materials. The position routinely collaborates and communicates with employees and vendors. Key accountabilities include: ordering materials, receiving and creating invoicing, tracking invoices, reconciling budgets, maintaining records, and ensuring
library resources are optimized to support student success. This position requires knowledge of integrated library systems (ILS), accounting principles, budget and financial management. The incumbent works closely with vendors, promptly reports problems, and verifies pricing. The incumbent sets up vendor software to reflect funding codes and ordering processes, orders books and ebooks in the vendor software, pulls records for items ordered into the ILS, receives items when delivered, and processes invoices through ILS to Banner for payment by accounts payable.
The Library Technical Services team is responsible for all technical support services, system administration, operation, management, installation, and implementation of HACC's Integrated Library Components (ILC) automated systems. This position establishes and implements guidelines for securing all library resources for the College's libraries through a variety of national vendors and manages the purchasing and acquisition of materials.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience. Experience must be within the field of library systems acquisitions with skills that are clearly translate.
Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license required.
Hiring Range: $38,070-$47,588
Job Specific Task List:
- Optimizes ordering and payment systems to ensure timely receipt and processing of library resources. - (Essential)
- Acts as primary liaison to all library vendors and material selectors in facilitating the ordering of materials - (Essential)
- Orders library materials including books, media, and electronic materials, from appropriate vendors; maintains all records for purchases; ensures timely receipt of materials and proper invoicing. - (Essential)
- Manages funds and monitors all acquisitions funds and budgets; works collaboratively with library pubic services and library faculty to ensure prudent fiscal management at all times. - (Essential)
- Collaborates with Director of Library Tech Services, Electronic Resources Specialist, and Cataloging Specialist to ensure appropriate records imported/created to provide access to materials. - (Essential)
- Trains colleagues in the use of acquisitions software and in processing of purchased materials - (Essential)
- Reviews and suggests improvements and upgrades to the ILS and acquisitions software - (Essential)
- Provides excellent customer service and assistance to internal and external customers while acquiring materials for the library; provides backup to library technical services team members; exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism; can travel between campuses and off-site locations; must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
- Writes and maintains high quality documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures for acquisitions; follows departmental standards for sharing and organizing documentation to ensure accessibility to appropriate stakeholders; continuously improve documentation and ensure documentation is accurate and up-to-date. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC's commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.