Position: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Elizabeth City, NC(100% onsite work)
Customer: United States Coast Guard
Security clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Certification: Any IAT II certification
- Performs in all phases of systems development and implementation, with special emphasis on study and analysis, and testing and acceptance phases.
- Ensure appropriate linkages to existing databases and data processing systems
- Ensure adequate security and recovery procedures are included in all database designs.
- Monitors database transactions, performs database implementation and database tuning.
- Determine data storage and access requirements.
- Determine file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures
- Controls view and access to databases
- Assists with promotions, Database, and technical refreshes
- Performs evaluation of current IT operations to determine multi-year projections for personnel, hardware, and software. Participates in hardware/software evaluations.
- Supports systems analysts, as well as Government personnel to ensure that the problem has been properly identified and that the solution shall satisfy the customer's requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in IT specialties not covered by other specialists. Systems analysis in a specialized IT area(s), e.g., telecommunications, operating systems software, software / hardware integration, software validation, and verification preferred. Capable of defining all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOP.
- The Candidate must possess the minimum Education / Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of Database administrator experience.
- Experience in Oracle or Ingres Databases
- Proficiency in SQL using Ingres and/or Oracle technologies
- Linux/Unix knowledge and command line /Vi Editor experience is required
- Experienced in principles, practices, or procedures used in phases of life cycle applications and systems development, or engineering, or programming, or analysis.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or Associates Degree (A.A./A.S.) in a related field or at minimum Information Technology (IT) Certification.
- This is an IAT-II Level/PU Position.
- Candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must possess strong oral communication and written comprehension capabilities.
For more open requirements, please visit
CompQsoft Inc. Established in 1997, headquarters in Houston, TX and office in Leesburg, VA. CompQsoft offers a range of comprehensive Cyber Security, Infrastructure, Cloud solutions, ERP implementation, Business Intelligence, Application development, Ecommerce applications and Management consulting services. CompQsoft is Certified CMMI Level 3 practitioner for Development and Services, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 & ISO 200001:2011 Certified. CompQsoft is a fast growing company with a strategy and methodology that is strongly focused on the success of our clients, predominantly the Federal government.
CompQsoft provides equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and in the working environment to all employees and applicants. CompQsoft does not take any nonmerit factors like race, color, religion, sex (gender), mental/physical disability, and age into account for purposes of recruitment, hiring and development.
Visit www.compqsoft.com to learn more about our culture, benefits.