Become a champion for children's health with a career at CHA. We serve with purpose and passion to help 220 member children's hospitals improve kids' health and well-being.
Where You'll Work
This position is based in our Lenexa, Kansas office. We leverage a hybrid working model working three days in the office, two days optional remote work.
What You'll Do
- Working with the internal and external users to develop reports, dashboards, visualizations and define metrics that provide actionable insight into the business.
- Create and maintain data sources for Tableau reporting
- Create and maintain Business Objects universes for Web Intelligence reporting
- Be able to design reports connecting to disparate data sources includes relational databases like SQL server
- Develop and validate ad hoc reports to meet internal and external report requests
- Develop, validate, and maintain standard reports for end users to use by working closely with business units and project teams to identify and document requirements
- Produce detailed design deliverables, processes, procedures, programs, universes, reports, and other associated documents.
- Assist with user acceptance testing to confirm reports meet requirements
- Follow the testing progress and monitor the results. Ensure defects or issues are properly documented. Ensure testing tasks are following a logical order and are focused on the proper areas of risk and defect potential.
- Document, troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing. Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution with minimal direction. Analyze trends to proactively prevent problems.
- Design, develop and implement comprehensive QA test plans and test cases, tools and infrastructure for Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse environment. Gain agreement regarding test roles and responsibilities.
- Provide end user support including diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Participate in end-user training and help develop and maintain a self-service data environment (i.e., teaching the business to use our standard reporting tools).
Experience and Skills
What You'll Bring to CHA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of experience writing reports using Tableau
- Experience using other reporting tools such as SQL or Business Objects preferred.
- Experience in health care data reporting environment preferred
- Experience applying statistical analysis to large datasets with BI software desirable
- Experience developing BI testing strategy and approaches, including means of reconciling with source data
- Demonstrated data exploration/data profiling skills; ability to uncover data quality and data integration challenges, and develop solutions
- Minimum of one year experience in conceptual knowledge of data warehouse architectures, ETL architectures and BI UI architectures.
- General understanding of OLTP and data warehouse modeling: conceptual, normalized/denormalized, star schemas, snowflakes, OLAP
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures that drive the output of reports utilizing. (sub-queries, complex joins, stored procedures)
Our Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings program with generous company contribution
- Hybrid working model
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Wellness program
- Paid time off and personal days
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- And more!
More About CHA
CHA requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first day of employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received two Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations or one Johnson & Johnson vaccination, in addition to completion of a two-week period after the final vaccination.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CHA is committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, our membership, the care delivery of children's hospitals and their communities and through the federal policymaking environment. With children's hospitals we strive to ensure organizational cultures where everyone feels valued and actively participates in the mission of our organizations. Racism stands firmly in the way of improving children's health. We remain vigilant in our quest for a diverse and inclusive community and in standing against racism and discrimination wherever it exists.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.