Job posting has expiredBack to search results
BENEFITS BILLING ASSOCIATE
| University of California Office of the President|
United States, California, Riverside
|October 03, 2023|
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The UCPath Center is the University of California's shared services center in Riverside, CA. The UCPath Center manages the payroll, benefits, and other human resources transactions for more than 200,000 UC employees working across ten UC campuses, five medical centers, three national labs and more. The staff at the UCPath Center work in a variety of areas including business operations, customer service, quality management, technology, training, human resources and communications.
* 60% BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION Provides assistance to the extended HR team with respect to benefit, absence management, and leave administration inquires and issues. Processes daily benefit processing of enrollment, updates, and changes to employee benefit records. Processes benefits for employees on leave of absence and workers' compensation. Calculates workers' compensation T/D coordination payments and coordinates with location HR and UCOP staff. Responsible for the implementation and operation of benefits, absence management, and leave administrative practices and procedures for complying with federal and state legislation. Responsible for the administration, analysis/testing and implementation of new/revised organizational benefit programs and policies, including the technical component of these processes. Participates in the roll-out of benefits administrative practices. Responsible for data audits of benefit programs to ensure appropriate deductions and to identify systemic issues. Manages and administers the ongoing data loads and interfaces including running, testing and repairing, etc. Ensures continuous process improvement; measures effectiveness on current processes against benchmark metrics.
* 30% TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT Provides expertise and support to ensure data integrity and system maintenance with respect to benefit and leave administration. Acts as a subject matter expert to all members of HR and across functional areas for benefits, absence management, leave administration, and UCPath system related matters. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the benefit, absence management, leave, and retirement interfaces. Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and recommends optimal solutions in the development of new modules/capability; works with the others to provide recommendations regarding future system enhancements; plans, analyzes and tests software upgrades. Provides oversight for the implementations of all new employee benefit programs and changes through UCPath Benefits Administration, and Absence Management. Collaborates with the ongoing operation of Benefits Administration and Absence Management on the UCPath system. Works with other analysts and IT to set up queries and jobs based on defined parameters and specifications related to benefits processes.
* 10% OTHER Participates as required, in other department projects. Performs other related duties as required.
* Min 2 years relevant benefits, payroll, leave administration, or HRIS experience and/or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Skills and Abilities
* Has knowledge, skills and abilities needed to analyze and determine how the benefit plans are developed and administered in the most efficient manner. Has knowledge on systems and technology that support benefit plans. Understands how changes to these will affect outcomes, operations and business objectives. Able to exercise critical judgment in defining and developing benefit polices and processes that meet business needs and are compliant to law. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of federal and state legislation when it comes to benefit issues. Ability to identify complex problems and related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to prioritize, streamline and accomplish assigned projects.
* Basic experience in project management, planning, execution, monitoring, and controlling. Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts, practices, and standards. Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to lead in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among team members. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Ability to promote and implement changes to current practices and processes. Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly address changing priorities. Demonstrates influencing, conflict management, and negotiation skills. Strong written, oral, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, skills. Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities. Ability to provide excellent service with integrity. Ability to accomplish assigned projects without compromising the integrity of the UCPath Center and/or University of California policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and material. Ability to think strategically and focus on the accomplishment of the UCPath Center mission and priorities.
* Experience with shared service center practices and technologies. Knowledge of UC personnel and payroll policies and procedures. Experience and proficiency in the PeopleSoft HCM 9.2, Benefits Administration, and Absence Management modules. Four years of experience managing benefits administration for large and complex organizations. Campus, medical center or other university setting and various external venues.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field and / or equivalent experience / training
Licenses and Certifications
* CEBS or CBP Certification
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University of California, Office of the President, is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range shows the growth potential for this position and the pay scale is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at the UCPath Center in Riverside and remote in California.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
JOB CLOSE DATE
For first consideration, please apply by: 8/30/23. The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.
August 2021 Update: The University of California has issued a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 before physically accessing the University location or programs. Upon hire into a UCOP position, you will be provided detailed instructions on how to comply with this policy including access to the COVID vaccination at no cost. New hires to UCOP who work onsite or will come onsite for any activities at a UCOP or other UC location must comply with this policy within 8 weeks after their start date. The policy allows for employees to request approval for an exception or deferral.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. .
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: or email the Human Resource Department at: