Job posting has expiredBack to search results
GENERAL LEDGER BUSINESS ANALYST
| University of California Office of the President|
United States, California, Riverside
|October 03, 2023|
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The UCPath Center is the University of California's shared services center in Riverside, CA. The UCPath Center manages the payroll, benefits, and other human resources transactions for more than 200,000 UC employees working across ten UC campuses, five medical centers, three national labs and more. The staff at the UCPath Center work in a variety of areas including business operations, customer service, quality management, technology, training, human resources and communications.
* 50% Configures and maintains CA-GL configuration based on requests, analyzes downstream impact and provides analysis. Assesses current CA-GL configuration for any misconfiguration or error and provides solutions by working collaboratively with UCPath Configuration team. Tests any fix, enhancement or workaround related to CA-GL in various testing environments (i.e. UAT and PROD COPY). Assists with analyzing any issue encountered during performing CA-GL batching processes, provides solutions or assists with submitting a Service Now ticket for further analysis. Develops strategic plans for new CA-GL processes and implements them based on available resources by working with the team supervisor. Compiles and analyzes external and internal data from multiple systems and resources to provide fact-based guidance to the decision-making process. Manages, tracks and assists with pending Service Now tickets and JIRAs related to CA-GL and reporting. Collaborates with UCPath ITSS regarding updating existing FDDs after the implementation of CRs (Change Requests).
* 35% Manages incoming Salesforce cases related to CA-GL and Reporting. Assists with performing CA-GL batching processes. Assists with analyzing any gap between UCPath data/records and business processes and provides solutions. Develops and maintains PeopleSoft queries and corresponding Functional Design Document (FDD).
* 10% Leads or manages special projects as requested. Perform other duties as assigned (i.e., assists with other work streams' testing, such as PUM or Tax Updates).
* 5% Oversees the team workflow and provide guidance to other team members as designated during the absence of the team supervisor.
* Min 5 years relevant PeopleSoft HCM IT Operational business analyst work experience or equivalent HCM experience or a combination of education/experience.
Skills and Abilities
* Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 and above
* Ability to use SQL or other query tools to perform analysis
* Experience on performing PeopleSoft HCM business analyst functions including writing functional design
* Good time management and organizational skills; ability to complete multiple reports for multiple projects on time and in scope.
* Ability to identify complex problems and related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Must be committed to the success of the entire organization.
* Experience in project management, planning, execution, monitoring, and controlling. Demonstrates understanding of project management concepts, practices, and standards.
* Ability to provide high quality work utilizing highly developed and effective communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
* Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in work product, and ability to prioritize, streamline and accomplish assigned projects.
* Ability to accomplish assigned projects without compromising the integrity of the UCPath Center and/or University of California policies and procedures. Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and material.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Project self-confidence, enthusiasm, and a positive, can do attitude.
* Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities. Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly address changing priorities.
* Possession of excellent analysis, data gathering and problem solving skills.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University of California, Office of the President, is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range shows the growth potential for this position and the pay scale is the budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position.
This position will work a hybrid schedule which includes a combination of working both onsite at the UCPath Center in Riverside and remote in California.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
JOB CLOSE DATE
For first consideration, please apply by: 8/31/23. The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.
August 2021 Update: The University of California has issued a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 before physically accessing the University location or programs. Upon hire into a UCOP position, you will be provided detailed instructions on how to comply with this policy including access to the COVID vaccination at no cost. New hires to UCOP who work onsite or will come onsite for any activities at a UCOP or other UC location must comply with this policy within 8 weeks after their start date. The policy allows for employees to request approval for an exception or deferral.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. .
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: or email the Human Resource Department at: