Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administers radiation therapy treatments to oncology patients. Works includes assessment, intervention, calculations, documentation and patient education. Works is performed under the general supervision of a radiation therapy supervisor and is evaluated by conformance to standards and procedures.
1. Administers radiation therapy in accordance with physician's instructions and the patient's treatment plan. Enters data into computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
2. Assists physicians, radiation oncologists, clinical physicists and others as necessary to prepare physical and technical aspects of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient condition and anatomy. Constructs patient immobilization devices as ordered by physicians
3. Maintains patient and billing records, reports and files according to department policies and procedures, including information as radiation dosages, equipment settings, and patients? reactions
4. Performs routine and complex radiation therapy treatments such as total body irradiation, stereotactic radiosurgery, and low and high brachytherapy according to established practices and standards.
5. Prepares equipment and room for patient. Uses appropriate protective equipment and procedures to ensure safety of patients, self, and others. Performs quality assurance procedures per state and federal guidelines.
6. Provides on-the-job clinical instruction and evaluation for student radiation therapists.
* Graduation from a Radiation Therapy Technologist program approved by the Council of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
* Radiation Therapy certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Or Board Eligible (must receive certification within one year of hire)
Professional Experience Requirements:
* No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Radiation Onc
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $29.98 - $37.48 per hour (minimum to maximum)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.