The Spanish program at Allan Hancock College is seeking applications to develop a qualified pool of part-time faculty for in-person instructional vacancies. The assignment may include classes at the Santa Maria campus, or Lompoc Valley Center, as needed. Positions may be available during the Fall and Spring semesters, or summer session.
The teaching assignment will include one or more courses offered in Spanish 1 or Spanish 2.
Allan College, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees, and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences, and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Hancock's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility. Hancock's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. Allan Hancock College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Essential Functions and Qualifications
* Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
* Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
* Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
* Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
* Teach all scheduled classes.
* Maintain accurate records.
* Assignments may include day, evening, or weekend classes.
Use of and inclusion of the college's instructional management system (Canvas).
Use of and inclusion of the external website used for instruction by the discipline. (vhlcentral.com)
- Master's in Spanish OR Bachelor's in Spanish AND master's in another language or linguistics or the equivalent per Board Policy 7211.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomically, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, and abilities of staff and students.
- Foreign Languages Master's in the language being taught OR Bachelor's in the language being taught AND Master's in another language or linguistics OR the equivalent Geography M
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit the following application materials by through our websitehttps://www.hancockcollege.edu/hr/:
A current and complete resume of education and professional experience.
Transcripts (Copies are acceptable for the application process). Official transcripts are required if hired.
Lecture Rate: $57.72 to $77.18 per hour depending upon education and experience
Lab Rate: $50.28 to $67.20 per hour depending upon education and experience
Activity Rate: $37.13 to $50.62 per hour depending upon education and experience
Allan Hancock College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hancock College will not sponsor any visa applications.