Physical Therapy Technician
Team Rehab is a network of therapist-owned outpatient physical therapy clinics in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Georgia.
Our mission is to provide the best outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. We want our patients to enjoy therapy and experience clear improvements in their health. Our clinics receive the highest levels of patient satisfaction and our patients receive the best objectively measurable outcomes. Our strategy, based on excellent quality and patient satisfaction, is gaining momentum. Since opening our first clinic in 2001, we have grown across Michigan and into Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Georgia. We continue to open additional clinics in order to make physical, occupational and speech therapy even more accessible to our patients, their friends and their families.
The Common Standards all Team Rehabilitation Employees are held to include:
Never say anything disrespectful about any group, whether they are formally protected by law or not.
- Never use language that another member of staff or patient finds offensive.
- No pictures, signs or the like that a patient or another member of staff finds offensive.
- No discrimination in hiring, training or promotion based on race, religion, national origins, weight, family status, sexual orientation, etc. None. Never. Ever.
Team Rehab believes that employing the best people will provide the best therapy and service to our patients. Because of this, Team Rehab offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits for Both Full and Part Time Employees!
- FREE Medical Plan!
- Monthly Bonuses
- 401(k) Match
- Reimbursement for training and/or student loans!
- Generous PTO
- Profit Sharing
- Mentorship & Support!
The Physical Therapy Technician is a vital role to the success of Team Rehabilitation. Primary responsibilities are to ensure that patients receive the necessary support to reach their recovery objectives and improve their well-being.
- Assist in providing a high quality of treatment. Key factors would be in welcoming and comforting patients to prepare them for their physical therapy.
- Display excellent customer service skills and provide encouragement when appropriate.
- Follow the plan of care established for the patient by the therapist
- Assist the therapists with non-clinical tasks and do whatever is needed to accommodate and support the patient's success in therapy.
- Educate the patient about the equipment, ensuring that they are using the equipment safely and correctly.
- Assist patient with light exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Assist in the application of therapeutic modalities, such as heath/ice packs and electrical stimulation.
- Help patients that need assistance in walking from one area to another, using proper techniques to ensure their safety.
- Ensure 360 communication with patients, physicians, other staff members and anyone else involved in the patient's care - including any necessary follow-ups.
- Maintain a pleasant and professional relationship with patients and fellow staff.
- Prepare and keep treatment areas clean and organized. Make sure that all equipment is thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Comply with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain a solid level of productivity. Observe and record any progress or changes to the Physical Therapist.
The Physical Therapy Technician reports to the clinic director and performs any additional tasks assigned by the clinic director.
- No required education or experience necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ideal candidate will be pursuing physical therapist or other health care degree
- Must be committed to Team's initiative of making DEI a priority - bringing a sense of belonging and empowerment within a diverse workforce