Justrite Safety Group is seeking a business unit Controller for its NoTrax business. The controller for these operations plays a key role within JSG as it will oversee large revenue and margin generating operations within the organization. This role will be located in either Deerfield, IL or Moselle, MS.
The Controller will be heavily focused on ensuring the accurate processing of transactions, financial reporting, and interfacing with key operations leaders within the plants, including the general manager, plant managers, customer service call center leaders, and HR personnel. As the "go-to" individual for the financials, the role will be heavily involved in FP&A and partnering to develop key initiatives to help improve the operations. In addition, this role will be a key contributor to implementing certain technology software tools focused on consolidations and business intelligence. Further responsibilities include leadership of staff and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing and budgetary management functions.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller is responsible for financial accounting and reporting, developing, and monitoring internal control systems, and helping develop business strategies and metrics tied to those strategies.
* Direct and oversee treasury, budgeting, audit, tax accounting, and forecasting activities.
* As a member of the Leadership Team establish and maintain strong relationships with other, non-financial senior executives to identify company needs and seek full-range business solutions.
* Ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to US GAAP
* Establish benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance.
* Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
* Monitor and analyze monthly operating and financial performance and trends.
* Oversee daily operations of accounting department.
* Manage the preparation of all financial reports and forecasts.
* Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
* Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies, including SALT.
* Establish and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish company goals and objectives.
* Work with leadership team to develop short- and long-range business plans.
* Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
* Partner with Site Lead in determining financial soundness of strategic decisions, utilizing metrics and KPIs to drive improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
* Provides financial leadership to the team in preparing the annual plan and forecasts.
* Coordinate and prepare the annual standard cost roll up by establishing labor and overhead standards, while working with manufacturing, engineering, and purchasing to set all product standard costs and ongoing cost estimates.
* Understand and monitor cost accounting variances and identify suggestions to improve unfavorable variances for price, labor, and overhead.
* Ensure proper inventory tracking and collection of labor / shop floor activity, including physical inventories.
* 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
* Experience in all aspects of financial management including accounting, budgeting, planning, internal controls, and analysis.
* Cost accounting and bill of material/routing skills developed in manufacturing environments.
* Manufacturing experience with Lean Enterprise Systems, Six Sigma, and/or Supply Management is highly desirable.
* Experience in business management software systems is desirable.
* Advanced proficiency with Excel is required.
* Strong leadership acumen, with a commitment to leading by example.
* Entrepreneurial spirit; comfortable operating with a high degree of autonomy.
* Comfortable with ambiguity.
* Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop staff, both technically and professionally.
* Ability to promote and implement a culture of high achievement and continuous improvement through goal setting and measurement.
* Ability to assemble and lead cross functional teams and coordinate with operations departments.
* Strong team orientation with the ability to work collaboratively.
* Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Exercises discretion and diplomacy in all communication, adapting message content and formatting, to address environments and audiences appropriately.
* Very strong organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and commitment to accuracy.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment efficiently and effectively.
* Project management skills, including experience creating, prioritizing, scheduling, tracking, reviewing, and ensuring completion of tasks by set deadlines.
* Display follow-through on all tasks and a readiness to do what it takes, flexibility and willingness to work overtime, if necessary, to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
* Strong initiative and drive, including a willingness to collaborate on projects and in areas beyond Accounting and Finance.
* BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA
We offer excellent comprehensive benefits that include:
* Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
* Health Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid time off including vacation & personal time
* 401K - with company match. Both pretax and Roth options available
* Company paid Short Term Disability
* Company paid Long Term Disability
* Company paid Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Wellness Program