Join our team as a night shift, part-time, Float Pool Patient Care Technician in Tulsa, OK.
Fulfilling your purpose begins here:
People First, Always. Here's how we take care of our people:
- Medical, vision, dental health insurance, health savings account / flexible spending, competitive pay, paid time off, 401k retirement plan with company match, employee assistance program and more
Your team is bigger than your department:
- Hillcrest Medical Center is a 656-bed hospital that includes The Alexander Burn Center, The Peggy V. Helmerich Women's Health Center, Kaiser Rehabilitation Center, the latest technology for the treatment of cancer, and the Oklahoma Heart Institute.
- We believe healthcare is a team sport and every player has something to contribute. We show compassion, celebrate differences and treat one another with respect.
- Collaborates with the nurse to carry out patient care tasks within scope of practice. Bathes patients and provides linen changes as necessary. Passes meal trays and assists with ADLs. Collects, reports and documents vital signs, intake and output, finger stick glucose checks, EKGs, bladder scanning, other tasks as assigned. Notifies nurse of pertinent patient care needs; alerts nurse of unstable vital signs, patients appearing in distress, or changes in patient condition.
- Maintains a tidy, clean and safe environment at all times; empties trash when needed; reports all safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Assists with purposeful hourly rounding of patients and quickly responds to patient needs; responds to patient requests in person or escalates needs in a timely manner. Exemplifies excellent customer service communication skills. Reports all service recovery needs to nursing immediately.
- Maintains professional working relationships with co-workers, physicians and customers. Listens attentively as evidenced by appropriate response. Maintains positive attitude. Promotes teamwork. Willing to go the extra mile. Speaks clearly and has a pleasant tone of voice. Displays positive non-verbal communication skills. Demonstrates positive customer relations at all times.
- Wears identification badge while on duty. Complies with the hospital and departmental dress code and maintains a professional image/demeanor at all times.
- Prepares paperwork and submits for processing in an organized and timely manner. Prepares, organizes and maintains patient chart; possesses proficient computer skills for charting and order processing.
- Collaborates with the nurse to expedite schedules/procedures.
- Limits overhead paging to only urgent pages. Assesses a situation, considers alternatives and chooses the appropriate course of action with few errors.
High school diploma or GED
Basic Life Support
Knowledge of patient assistance and care procedures
Knowledge of basic methods of personal hygiene
Understanding of medical terminology
Competent to perform in at least two general areas of practice (cross trained and cross competent to cover more than one hospital service, role, or function).
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute or long-term care preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy preferred.
- Completion of approved CNA, PCT or paramedic certification or currently enrolled in nursing school preferred