Material Operations Manager
|# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
|Employment Type (Portal Display)
Manages all activities of Station Staff. Responsible for developing and implementing staffing schedules.
- Performs Level 1 and level 2 receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control to insure that parts acquired contain the proper documentation, conform to acceptable quality standards and comply with Atlas Air policies and FARs.
- Maintains the control of the quarantine cage and assures that all inspection equipment and ESDS table have valid calibration
- Assure the proper storage and handling of hazmat material.
- Assures that all component certs are scanned to AirVault.
- Oversees and participates in daily stores functions such as shipping, receiving, binning, issuing, housekeeping and security of technical spares. Assures that all unstaffed transactions are closed.
- Assure adequate execution of services, analyze service provider invoices for accuracy, optimize and reduce operational costs.
- Responsible for station(s) compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements regarding materials handling, storage, distribution, shelf life, calibration and security.
- Ensures that Stations staff are properly trained and qualified to accomplish job related functions, including, receiving inspection as well as identifying and handling Hazardous Materials and Dangerous Goods.
- Ensures all Stores personnel understand and have good working knowledge of the GMM and other Atlas manuals that apply to the Stores operation
- Ensures the timely, cost-effective and safe transportation of materials.
- Monitors all material activity and requirements at subject station(s) to identify and correct potential disruptions. Provides feedback to Material Planning, Procurement, Repairs and AOG..
- Maintains station facilities in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintains security of all material and equipment at all CVG Stores facilities
- Ensures that safe workplace conditions are maintained. Responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of safety equipment, including fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc within subject stores facilities.
- Improve work conditions, support the opening and closing of stations
- Maintains inventory accuracy through adherence to established procedures, monitored with cycle counting program.
- Monitors aircraft scheduled maintenance activity at his/her to ensure all pre-draw material is available
- Responsible for tools and equipment storage, handling, control, logistics and calibration at his/her stations with guidance from the Manager of Aircraft Tooling
- Tracks loan and exchange activity at his station(s) to maintain acceptable economic considerations. Ensures communication with AOG Material Control
- Coordinates FSK (Flight Spares Kit) inventories & reconciliation as required.
- Monitors aircraft in check for potential material failures and develops recovery plan.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Regional Manager Material Operations, Americas
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' in a leadership role with at least 10 direct/indirect reports with the ability to effectively lead/manage a team
- 3 to 5 years of aircraft parts and facilities management
- Experience with aviation Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically if required
- Proficiency in the English language (Written/Verbal) is a must
- Ability to work [with minimal supervision] independently and as a member of a team
- Have a problem solving mindset
- Ability to be resourceful and adapt to shifting priorities
- Must be flexible and be available to work outside of scheduled hours as needed
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement