As a combined organization, and is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times - to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry's top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization's integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization's most "precious resources" are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This position is primarily responsible for providing expert technical support to customers and trade allies. In this role, you will provide energy advice and coordination services for the energy efficiency programs; these services include: building maintenance, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for energy efficiency and comfort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work with business and building owners, developers, architects, engineers and contractors to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating energy efficiency or energy conservation programs
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency in buildings under design and construction; provide follow-up as required to the customers
- Participate in QA/QC and internal audit activities
- Analyze building utility bills to determine energy usage trends
- Ability to promote, sell and influence property managers, owners and maintenance staff to install energy efficiency measures in multifamily dwellings
- Prepare and present reports and presentations
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment in a facility (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help build a business case to prioritize recommendations and how they affect savings and first cost
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects, collaborate with other Energy Advisors/Energy Engineers as required to maximize technical support to the client base
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Keeping current on the latest energy-saving technology and how we might incorporate them into our products
- Collaborating with other Energy Advisors and Energy Engineers to maximize client technical support
- Serve as a technical resource for Energy Advisors
- Ensure compliance with all quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. (Based on the position preferences may include: Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Industrial Engineering)
- 3 - 5 years engineering experience related to mechanical design, energy modeling or construction
- 2 - 3 years of experience in the energy efficiency industry
- Experience in building design, "green" construction and sustainable design - Preferred
- Certified Energy Manager and the LEED AP credentials - Preferred
- CEM or VPI certification - Preferred
- PE or FE certification or desire to obtain one - Preferred
- A licensed engineer - Preferred
- Strong understanding of how systems affect energy consumption
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to understand and apply in a building environment applied physics including thermodynamics, fluids and heat transfer theory
- Must be able to research questions of a technical nature efficiently and find new information
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel less than 50%
|Estimated Wage Range: $60,500-$83,200+
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Franklin Energy implements the use of dash cams inside their fleet of leased vehicles because the Company believes video surveillance devices (Dash Cams) promote the safety of employees as well as security within the company vehicles. The Company will not use video surveillance (Dash Cams) for any unlawful purpose including monitoring employees or giving the impression of monitoring. Our Dash Cam Policy applies to all employees of the Company and temporary agency employees, regardless of whether an employee or temporary agency employee may be driving or riding in Company Vehicles. The primary use of Dash Cams is to assist in the protection and safety of employees and property, prevention, anddetection of criminal offenses such as vehicle vandalism and break-ins and staged-accident fraud, defense of legal claims, driver exoneration, and driver training and improvement.