Justrite Safety Groupis a growing family of industrial safety companies. Together we protect workers, workplaces and the environment with a comprehensive range of industrial safety solutions. All Justrite Safety Group portfolio companies are united by deep safety knowledge, long experience, and a commitment to protecting people, property and the planet.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager - Matting to serve a critical and strategic role by driving the execution of key business development, commercial, PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and NPI (New Product Introduction) programs in the support of global product management and marketing initiatives for the Industrial Distribution channel. The position will be responsible for market research, pricing evaluation and financial analysis, margin improvement activities, new product development, marketing communication materials development with support from marketing communication team; promotion in print and digital environments; product positioning; brand awareness support.
- Competitive Strategy - understand market size and share; competitor portfolio, plan target verticals/segments, VOC, create new-product roadmaps based on solid fundamentals for opportunity. Presents as subject matter expert on current product portfolio and competitive advantage.
- New product development - develop business cases to support investment in new programs; drive NPI projects to meet schedule milestones and tollgates; collaborate cross-functionally as appropriate to develop commercialization plans. Leads a short - term (1-3 years) strategic plan for product development.
- Product Strategy - creates strategy and defines value proposition for current product portfolio
- Margin management - develop and manage pricing strategies that create margin pricing plan (MSRP/MAP).
- Marketing and Merchandising - partner with BU Marketing Manager and sales to develop technical and merchandising support. Review product advertisements and campaigns in both print and electronic media to ensure accuracy and favorable appeal of our products.
- Product VAVE - Identify and drive product enhancements, and support quality improvements and cost reduction opportunities of assigned product lines through value engineering, and value capture through product differentiation.
- Support sales and participate in key industry events and customer meetings through presentations as appropriate to promote the product, services and overall brand
- People Management - Manages Product Manager or Associate Product Manager and Pricing Analyst. Develops and reviews annual performance goals and conducts annual performance review. Provides performance feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis.
- Four-year college or university degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business Management
- Minimum 10 Years of experience in Product Management, with an emphasis on product lifecycle management, new product development and margin management activities in a Business to Business (B2B) environment.
- Experience working collaboratively with marketing, sales, manufacturing, finance and supply chain in a cross-functional team environment
- Professionalism, business acumen - possess insight to larger business goals and objectives and understand how the role fits into overall strategy
- Ability to prioritize obligations, meet deadlines, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy to tangible action plans, with a keen understanding of process efficiency
- Technical aptitude - experience working with products where physical characteristics and/or applications are important; ability to understand basic technical literature and drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including speaking in front of an audience and copywriting.
- Proficiency in common software programs, i.e., MS Office suite, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team player - flexible, able to adjust to shifting priorities; positive "can-do" attitude
- Ability to travel up to 15%, both domestic and international
- Ideal candidate will understand common safety (EHS) products found in MRO industrial and/or laboratory settings.
We offer excellent comprehensive benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Health Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off including vacation & personal time
- 401K - with company match. Both pretax and Roth options available
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)