Back to search results
Patient Service Representative
| University of California - Los Angeles Health|
United States, California, Santa Monica
|December 03, 2023|
Description Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity and respect. In November2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay Family Health Care, uniting more than a century of experience helping patients regardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. The organization now has more than 500 staff who serve 45,000 people from the Santa Monica Mountains through the South Bay. We have 17locations plus two mobile clinics and an expansive street medicine program for people experiencing homelessness. Read more about us at: venicefamilyclinic.org
The front desk receptionist:
* Provides customer service oriented administrative support to patients, staff, and clinicians.
* Completes patient registration, including demographics and payer/insurance information.
* Schedules and coordinates new and follow up patient appointments and cancellations.
* Checks in and checks out patients, ensuring a smooth flow from arrival to discharge.
* Collects insurance cards and payments and balances daily cash drawers.
* Answers phones and appropriately triage calls.
* Scans and uploads records to the electronic health record, sort and distribute mail and incoming faxes.
* Processes tasks in the EHR on a daily basis.
* Provides additional backup administrative support as assigned.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values of the Venice Family Clinic. We believe the professional and clinical environments are enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together.
Salary Range:$24.57-$34.87 Hourly
* Demonstrated work experience in front office reception in an allied healthcare setting.
* Knowledge of dental/medical terminology.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize/organize workload to optimize efficiency and complete assignments on schedule.
* Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding release of medical records.
* Strong verbal, written and social communication skills, and interpersonal skills to interact professionally and diplomatically with persons of diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
* Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Take initiative in providing excellent customer service to patients.
* Ability to stay composed when confronted by difficult patients or situations and respond professionally.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, EHR/EDR and other computer programs.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.