Justrite Safety Group is a growing family of industrial safety companies. Together we protect workers, workplaces, and the environment with a comprehensive range of industrial safety solutions. All Justrite Safety Group portfolio companies are united by deep safety knowledge, long experience, and a commitment to protecting people, property, and the planet.
The Senior Product Manager serves a critical and strategic role by driving the execution of key business development, commercial, PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and NPI (New Product Introduction) programs in the support of global product management and marketing initiatives for the Motion Safety Business Unit. The position will be responsible for market research, price realization and financial analysis, margin improvement activities, new product development, marketing communication materials development with support from marketing communication team; promotion in print and digital environments; product positioning; brand awareness support. The Senior Product Manager will be accountable for Revenue, Margin, Price and Vitality of Motion Safety Business Unit.
* Strategy Development - Lead the process to capture market size and share; competitor portfolio, plan target verticals/segments, create new-product roadmaps based on solid fundamentals for opportunity. Present as subject matter expert on current product portfolio and competitive advantages. Draw strategic insights around strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats from the competitor and market data.
* Product Value Proposition - Engage end users and key customers throughout value chain to develop clear value propositions for both new and existing products. Coordinate with corporate Marketing Managers and sales on a strategy for technical articles, website landing pages, and training materials. Sign off on product content to ensure the accurate communication of technical specifications and value proposition.
* Product Roadmaps - Lead voice of the customer (VOC) efforts to uncover end user critical to customer requirements (CCRs), and develop business cases to support investment in new programs. Champion NPD projects to meet schedule milestones and tollgates; collaborate cross-functionally as appropriate to develop commercialization plans. Identify opportunities to add value to existing products. Lead a short - term (1-3 years) strategic plan for product development.
* Margin Management - Own product line profitability by managing pricing strategies for MSRP and MAP, and championing cost savings through value engineering recommendations.
* Sales Support - Support sales and participate in key industry events and customer meetings as the domain expert to promote the product, services and overall brand.
* People Management - Manages Product Manager. Develops and reviews annual performance goals and conducts annual performance review. Provides performance feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis.
* Four-year college or university degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business Management
* Minimum 10 Years of experience in Product Management, with an emphasis on product lifecycle management, new product development and margin management activities in a Business to Business (B2B) environment.
* Experience working collaboratively with marketing, sales, manufacturing, finance and supply chain in a cross-functional team environment
* Professionalism, business acumen - possess insight to larger business goals and objectives and understand how the role fits into overall strategy
* Ability to prioritize obligations, meet deadlines, and manage multiple responsibilities
* Ability to think strategically and translate strategy to tangible action plans, with a keen understanding of process efficiency
* Technical aptitude - experience working with products where physical characteristics and/or applications are important; ability to understand basic technical literature and drawings
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including speaking in front of an audience and copywriting.
* Proficiency in common software programs, i.e., MS Office suite, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Team player - flexible, able to adjust to shifting priorities; positive "can-do" attitude
* Ability to travel up to 30%+, both domestic and international
* Ideal candidate will understand common safety (EHS) products found in industrial job sites including mining, oil and gas, construction and aviation.
We offer excellent comprehensive benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Health Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off including vacation & personal time
- 401K - with company match. Both pretax and Roth options available
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program