Job posting has expiredBack to search results
SENIOR REAL ESTATE OFFICER
| University of California Office of the President|
United States, California, Oakland
1111 Franklin Street (Show on map)
|October 24, 2023|
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
* 60% Leads negotiating teams to achieve optimal results for the University consistent with University policies and good business practices. Supports UC campuses with project management of the transaction, real estate analysis, development of transaction documents, technical expertise and policy and procedure review. Technical expertise covers property due diligence (including title review/correction and valuation); escrow coordination and close of escrow requirements; and asset management if necessary.
* 20% Ensures adherence to policies and procedures for approval of real estate transactions. Prepares and coordinates Regents items and delegated approval items for complex transactions and assures that such documents fully and clearly disclose transaction terms and issues.
* 10% Performs complex financial and other forms of real estate analysis. Plans and directs transactions to fit within the University policy framework while still creatively structuring the transactions to achieve the desired results.
* 10% Provides leadership to all UC locations in strategic planning and guidance on real estate transactions. Advises Office of the President leadership on real estate matters including market analyses and financial feasibility analyses for real estate transactions, transaction structuring and alternatives, site selection and solicitation (i.e. RFPs), and development and property management issues.
* Min 10 years Real estate related experience
Skills and Abilities
* Expert knowledge of real estate principles and practices, methods and procedures used in competitive real estate transactions, including value analysis and financing, site selection techniques, and applicable rules, regulations, laws, policies, guidelines and practices.
* Advanced organizational, presentation and negotiation skills.
* Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to deal with broad and diverse constituencies with expert customer service orientation and skills.
* Advanced listening and political acumen skills, and problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments, work independently or as a member of a team, as well as be responsive to supervision, exercise excellent business judgment and find creative solutions to problems.
* Advanced knowledge of real estate law, the California Public Contract Code and applying public agency or corporate rules, guidelines, policies and practices to real estate transactions.
* Expert knowledge of and skills in business transactions in a complex legal and policy environment.
* Experience in real estate development and ability to apply knowledge from a wide range of associated subject areas including urban planning, entitlement process, environmental review, community engagement, design and construction, finance, contracting, capital projects, economic development and infrastructure.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
Licenses and Certifications
* Valid California Driver's license
* California Real Estate Salesperson's or Broker's license preferred.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is September 22, 2023. The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.
August 2021 Update: The University of California has issued a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 before physically accessing the University location or programs. Upon hire into a UCOP position, you will be provided detailed instructions on how to comply with this policy including access to the COVID vaccination at no cost. New hires to UCOP who work onsite or will come onsite for any activities at a UCOP or other UC location must comply with this policy within 8 weeks after their start date. The policy allows for employees to request approval for an exception or deferral.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: or email the Human Resource Department at: .