The Teacher in our Sandpipers Program will be responsible for the optimal development and well-being of children through family-centered childcare. This includes the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum which emphasizes learning through play in accordance with Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF), BrightStars Quality Rating and Improvement System, and the Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Maintains a warm, inviting, stimulating and developmentally appropriate environment for children.
* Provides appropriate supervision and care in the classroom.
* Assist other teaching staff in caring for children in the classroom, be alert and reactive to children's physical, emotional and cognitive needs.
* Collaborate with the Education Coordinator to develop a monthly curriculum which includes lesson plans, outlining specific activities to meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of the children and specific standards.
* Plans and participates in scheduled parent conferences.
* Submits paperwork in a timely manner; this includes daily notes, attendance, meal sheets, newsletters, volunteer and intern evaluations, and developmental profiles, and child and family goal sheets.
* Fosters positive relationships with parents and families, providing support and resources and reporting concerns to the Director and Clinical Supervisor.
* Ensures all work is completed in a manner that adheres to all health and safety protocols, address and report any potential hazards to ensure the safety of children, staff and all using the facility.
* Positive role models while overseeing Teacher Assistants, substitutes, interns and volunteers.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associate degree in ECE or a related field required; bachelor's degree in ECE or related field preferred.
* 1+ year in a childcare setting preferred.
* Knowledge of early childhood development.
* Must meet all state licensing requirements.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Basic computer skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
* Ability to communicate and effectively interact with a diverse population.
* The ideal candidate will be required to meet all pre-employment requirements such as background checks and medical clearances.
Site location: Middletown, RI
Hours: 37.5 hours per week