This position is eligible for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds which includes a one-time $750 sign-on bonus payable after the completion of 90 days of employment as well as a monthly stipend of up to $694.50 which is based upon the hours worked in the previous month for as long as the funds are guaranteed by the State.
The Family Service Care Coordinator in our Family Care Community Partnership Program will be responsible for assisting and educating families involved in transition to Family Care Community Partnership (FCCP). This includes family advocacy, education of the service planning process and implementing treatment plans focused on family-centered practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Helps families revise FCP as needed and ensure all appropriate persons receive a copy of the plan (i.e., family, Social Worker, referral agency) while adhering to all HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines.
* Responsible for ongoing data collection to serve as evaluation and assessment of the FCP.
* Provide ongoing support to families to empower and motivate them.
* Improve parents' child management skills through modeling, education, support and encouraging proper parental coping skills.
* Available for emergency on-call response to crisis situations.
* Coordinate services with schools, police, health care provider, court systems, and other service providers.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field required..
* Experience in child welfare, parent education, home-based services, and crisis intervention.
* Experience working with culturally diverse population, and families and children with behavioral health concerns.
* Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family dynamics, substance abuse, home management, and parenting skills.
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
* Ability to communicate and effectively interact with a diverse population.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills.
* Basic computer skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
* Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
* Must be able to authorize Child & Family to complete Motor Vehicle Record check.
* The ideal candidate will be required to meet all pre-employment requirements such as background checks and medical clearances.
* Site location: Middletown, RI
* Local travel required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week