Are you ready to electrify your career and become an integral part of our dynamic team? We're searching for an Electrical Specialist extraordinaire prepared to light up the world with their expertise! If you're passionate about electrical and thrive on challenges, keep reading – this could be a lifetime opportunity!
Pemex Deer Park is a highly complex refinery located 18 miles east of Houston in Deer Park, TX. It is part of the PEMEX group, a fully integrated oil company in the Americas, working across the entire value chain: exploration, production, industrial processing/refining, logistics, and marketing. PEMEX Deer Park provides a diverse and inclusive work environment that employs approximately 1000 employees with another 1200 contractors on site. The refinery’s rated capacity is 340,000 barrels per day and has the feed flexibility to process multiple grades of crudes to produce the high-quality transportation fuels the world needs. The PEMEX Deer Park site is co-located with other 3rd party chemical facilities, allowing for further integration and optimization of the refinery and its products. We set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors and offer challenging and fulfilling job opportunities in a number of fields. We take great pride in our ability to ensure the health and safety of our workers and the environment while being a good neighbor and positively impacting the local community where we work.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation depending on experience and an extensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided.
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching.
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection.
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts are offered.
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and 9/80 Flexible Working Schedule, including limited ability to work remotely.
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
As the Electrical Specialist, you will provide electrical technical support and assurance for assigned Production and Maintenance Department(s) supporting Safety, Environmental, Reliability, and Profitability goals. Your key focus areas will include proactive monitoring of electrical equipment health, escalating threats to the production team, developing and assuring work scope to drive electrical safety and reliability, providing technical guidance to the Maintenance Department, and delivering electrical training and knowledge sharing to the PEMEX community.
PEMEX Deer Park is served by (4) 138KV feeds from the Utility with a breaker-and-a-half bus scheme, which is complemented by (2) gas-fired Cogens (75MW each), (2) steam turbines (50MW each) with a total generation of 250MW. The electrical distribution comprises almost 300 substations with nominal voltages of 35KV, 12KV, 4.16KV, 2.4KV, and 480V, which serve plant loads.
The Electrical Specialist is a staff function with no direct reports. It is a vital member of the Electrical Engineering Department with many interfaces within PEMEX Deer Park and outside the refinery with vendors and other partners. Critical factors you must possess include interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, networking ability, and the ability to manage multiple interfaces with varying needs and priorities.
The Electrical Specialist role is a highly collaborative and dynamic position. You must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Primary interfaces are with other members of the Electrical Engineering Department; Process Engineering staff; Operations, Maintenance, and Production staff; other discipline personnel; contract engineers; and vendor/manufacturer’s representatives in support of the 24x7 operation of the site.
In this role, a Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) work process and expert analytical skills are employed to improve the performance of our assets while providing strategic support to the Deer Park Maintenance organization for electrical issues.
To be successful, you should have:
- 10+ years of electrical experience with a preference for industrial experience within large petrochemical manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in roles such as electrical foreman, planner, or inspector preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills, preference for causal learning and reasoning skills.
- Working knowledge of electrical theory.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills, including reading electrical prints and schematics.
- Skill with electrical equipment inspection and understanding of electrical maintenance.
- Knowledge and application of industry standards such as NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 70E, NETA, NEMA, API & ANSI.
- Experience with software applications such as MS Office and SAP.
- Experience in multiple phases of refinery manufacturing and technical support for the Environment & Compliance on the permit to operate.
- Experience in the areas of field support with a heavy emphasis on problem-solving.
- Knowledge or skill with systems with voltages: 138kV, 35kV, 15kV, 4.16kV, 2.4kV and low voltage.
- Knowledge or skill for industrial electrical equipment, including Schweitzer and GE protective relays; Power management systems; Circuit breaker technologies - SF6 gas, vacuum, and air Standby & emergency generators; Power factor correction capacitors and systems; Cathodic protection hardware and systems; Motor operated valves (MOVs).
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, application of the National Electric Code, NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in The Workplace), NFPA 70B (Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance), API RP-500 (Recommended Practice for Classification of Locations for Electrical Installations).
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to analyze complex problems to ensure timely and accurate resolution of system anomalies before they impact operations.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Additional Skill Requirements:
Desired Soft Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present complex information in a manner that is accessible to a range of audiences.
- Innovative, flexible, and open to displaying a Learner Mindset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills (managing multiple tasks simultaneously).
- Has the energy and enthusiasm to advocate for essential objectives.
Your responsibilities as the Electrical Specialist will include:
- Understanding and auditing electrical safe work practices, including lock-out/tag-out and work hazard recognition.
- Recognizing electrical hazards with the ability to suggest and implement mitigation.
- Participation in Production Department meetings, delivering updates and action completion.
- Establishing proactive relationships with Production and Maintenance Department personnel.
- Identifying production unit electrical bad actors and developing plans to address any resulting reliability issues.
- Conducting electrical safety reviews and field verifications for Management of Change activities.
- Review daily production and maintenance reports with appropriate responses to and redress electrical concerns.
- Assisting Production Department Electrical Engineers with long-term threat mitigation.
- Participation in Electrical Engineering & Specialist team meetings.
- Delivering Production and Electrical Engineering Department goals.
- Managing Electrical Engineering work scope backlog.
- Daily support of site Electrical Engineers and Maintenance personnel.
- Creating timely quality work scopes for reported reactive maintenance items.
- Clarifying and providing guidance for the scope of preventative and reactive maintenance work to maintenance planners and craftsmen.
- Auditing and optimizing scheduled preventative maintenance, making necessary adjustments.
- Reviewing and assuring electrical maintenance off-hours work.
- Supporting equipment repairs and resolving equipment issues at external repair facilities and manufacturers, including auditing quality assurance/control and establishing hold points for inspections.
- Providing quality assurance for maintenance activities.
- Verifying red-lined drawings and updating the document management system.
- Capturing equipment history, records, and documentation in document management systems.
- Leading and assisting causal investigations into electrical equipment and systems failures.
- Supporting turnaround activities and personnel, including scoping work, execution, quality assurance, final inspection, and unit restart coverage.
- Supporting site electrical projects and personnel, including assessing power requests, reviewing installation requirements, and assuring function testing and commissioning new equipment.
- Scoping nonroutine maintenance work on complex systems and critical equipment.
- Delivery of electrical training to production and maintenance personnel.
- After-hours support for abnormal site situations, including power outages, unit startup, and shutdown.
Ready to Power Up Your Career? Apply Now!
If you are ready to create sparks together, please apply online at: https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27712247
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.