The Accounts Payable Specialist in our Finance Team will be responsible for completing payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage files and documentation while maintaining a high level of knowledge of the services provided by the agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Inputs data, generates reports, and prints checks for vendor payment in accounting software.
* Codes all invoices with correct General Ledger Accounts accurately and promptly.
* Maintains files for each invoice to include ensuring invoice accuracy, availability of proper ordering and receipt documentation, and corrects payment amount.
* Receives daily mail to disperse amongst agency.
* Prepare all bank deposits and delivers to the bank.
* Maintains childcare recurring payments and enters into MyEvolv.
* Creates and sends out monthly invoices.
* Assists in preparing filing 1099s.
* Fulfills information requests and provides general administrative support.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* 1+ years of experience in an office setting, preferably in Finance.
* Experience with MIP a plus.
* Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Basic computer skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
* Experience with Excel is required.
* Ability to communicate and effectively interact with a diverse population.
* The ideal candidate will be required to meet all pre-employment requirements such as background checks and medical clearances.
* Site location: Middletown, RI
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits and Perks
- Up to 4 Weeks Vacation Time
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 Sick Days & 1 Personal Day
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Employer Contribution to 401(k)
- Fully Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Life, ADD, Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Shift Differentials
- Discounts available: Childcare at Middletown location, Verizon Wireless, pet insurance, YMCA membership, BJ's membership, Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility
Who We Are
Child & Family supports resilient families, vulnerable children, and elders throughout Rhode Island. Family Preservation is an important goal of every program and service we provide.
We believe that individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong families, and that a community works best when it accepts responsibility for all of its members.
As one of the largest social service agencies in RI, we operate community engagement centers in Providence and
Middletown. Our home-based and community-based programs bring services to individuals and families across RI.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons, except for reasonable accommodation as required by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
In order to provide equitable service delivery and go above and beyond equal opportunity requirements, our organization is committed to ensuring that all staff are able to perform the following cultural competencies:
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures, ranges of ability, genders, ethnicities, and races.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the history of discrimination in America, particularly as it relates to race and racism, and how this history has led to disparities experienced by marginalized communities such as BIPOC, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ communities, and others.
* Demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver culturally responsive services.
Child & Family strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.