Job posting has expiredBack to search results
| Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative, Inc. (CHELCO)|
|CHELCO proudly offers medical, dental, vision, FSA & HSA, pension plan, 401k with % match, life insurance, short-term disability, education/professional develop., wellness, and safety bonuses, paid time off and 10 paid holidays|
United States, Florida, DeFuniak Springs
655 US Highway 331, North (Show on map)
|September 12, 2023|
CHELCO Seeks Easement Specialist
Are you a right-of-way/easement professional who would value working for a growing, progressive, community-focused, not-for-profit company? Are you self-motivated with strong attention to detail? Do you enjoy interacting with and supporting a strong and dedicated team and working with customers? If so, then this career opportunity may be for you!
We’re looking for an Easement Specialist to support our growing Cooperative. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to assist in safeguarding the cooperative’s ability to construct and maintain its infrastructure. He/she will prepare documents required to acquire easements, fee title, state, county, and local permits, and other right-of-way to permit the construction of specified lines and maintain files of easements and other real estate documents. He/she will also help establish value regarding the right-of-way or lands records file management and review right-of-way records and ownership of properties, to name a few of the position’s responsibilities. Standard work hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. An alternative schedule may be required when the Cooperative responds to hurricane or severe weather events.
The cooperative may decide to hire a Senior Easement Specialist should the candidate's skill level meet the minimum qualifications for that position.
Easement Specialist Minimum Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent and five years directly related experience and at least three years of experience in title research or real estate, or an Associate’s Degree and at least three years directly related experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years directly related experience.
• Expected to obtain the International Right-of-way Association (IRWA)’s RWA Novice certification within 18 months of hire.
• Must know how to research public records and follow the property ownership chain. Must know the Cooperative’s service area.
• Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Must have a good eye for detail and red flags.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• English Language — Ability to read and converse with internal and/or external customers in English.
• Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
• Geography — Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, and their interrelationships, i.e.: wetlands.
The Easement Specialist personally performs the following duties (not all-inclusive):
• Researches public records for property ownership and matching the current legal description to the actual parcel of land.
• Prepares easements that contain accurate information and allow the cooperative to maintain necessary rights of ways for power line construction and maintenance.
• Reviews researched material if available and recorded easements to draw polygons accurately, enter into GIS mapping, and index with essential descriptive information.
Why Should You Apply? This career will give you the opportunity to . . .
• Work for a progressive, community-focused company
• Work with a strong, goal-oriented, experienced team
• Contribute to the quality of life of our members, community, and employees
• Receive exceptional benefits and competitive pay
Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative, Inc. (CHELCO) is not like other utilities. We are a not-for-profit cooperative, meaning we are owned solely by our members. We are unlike investor-owned utilities because we do not have shareholders to answer to. We listen to our members and appreciate their feedback to continuously improve our business model and better serve them, now and always.
We are an electric distribution cooperative employing more than 170 people and serving more than 63,000 accounts in Walton, Okaloosa, Holmes, and Santa Rosa counties in the panhandle of Florida.
The cooperative owns and maintains over 4,500 miles of line, including those on Eglin Air Force Base.
We have six area offices, including our headquarters in DeFuniak Springs.
Apply at http://www.chelco.com/careers. Applications will be accepted from 09/11/2023 through 8:30 a.m. on 9/25/2023. Resumes and cover letters are only accepted with a completed application. Questions? Call HR at 850-307-1127. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Drug Free-EOE-M/F/Disability/Veteran